whining (ish) noise from the left side of the engine. - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 18th June 2019, 18:56 Thread Starter

whining (ish) noise from the left side of the engine.

Hi! This is my first post here.

I've recently bought a 2009, 2.2iCDTI with 61k. Never owned any Honda before so my knowledge is pretty much none on this model, previously I owned a Sport KA 1.6 so has been a tremendous change ^^

Sadly, 2 days after I bought the car I've noticed a weird sound coming from the left side of the engine, the car dealer told me 2.2 engines can be loud because of the timing chain, nothing to worry about with 61k,he said. Also he replaced the rocker cover gasket. I transmitted him my worry about a oil leak from it at the front right corner of the seal,so he did it without charging any money for it.
I was pleased and happy knowing that the car was ready to be loved but something inside of me was telling me that the car could have something hidden, sorry is my nature I can't help it
Then the "sound" appear and I freak out.
I contacted him and he said that the oil and filters was changed as he told me in conjunction with the rocker cover gasket, then I've checked the oil and was pitch black (my fault for not checking that, I know is a big one)
So as I said, things started getting more suspicious; nex day, while driving to work "tyre air pressure sensor light"
I feak out again, that "ding" sound at 5am was unexpected.
Anyway, during the afternoon, oil (castrol 0w30 titanium) and filter (Mann) engine flush and the sump washer arrives. I do the job hoping (not too much) that the whining sound would dissappear. It didn't but I noticed the engine was different, like all well rounded sense on the feets and a better engine response.. I'll link the videos before the oil service:

Thanks for reading, apologies if I made some mistakes, English isn't my mother language, so any grammar correction/advice will be much appreciated

Last thing, is possible that this sound it will derivative in something worse? If is so, can anyone please give me advice of what to do?
Many thanks!

Sent from my AGM X1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by Rmec; 18th June 2019 at 19:03.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 18th June 2019, 19:43
Administrator

Car: x'06 2.2 EX FK3 Milano
Thanked 4,142 Times in 3,838 Posts
Eco display Eco display
Garage
Welcome to

Don't panic with 'all' these issues as the dealer has a responsibility to resolve any major issues that you weren't made aware of at the point of sale.

Oil in the 2.2 soon turns jet black, that's normal. Just ensure you do regular oil changes with the correct spec oil.

I would advise against changing to a non Honda filter but the oil filter is somewhat more forgiving than the fuel filter.

I haven't checked your videos but i will try to later. In the meantime, hopefully someone else will assist.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > 2009 Civic (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page