IM looking to buy a Civic-advice needed - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 20th January 2012, 06:52 Thread Starter
mo.

Question IM looking to buy a Civic-advice needed

Hi

Just joined new to this site, i was wondering if you great civic owners would be helpfull to advice me on honda civic. Im looking to buy a used civic in about 3 months i was intrested in the 2.2 diesiel. (around 08-10 model),

MY main 3 questions are below

1.) Ive read alot about people complaining about problems on this site so i was just wanted some advice what to look out for and maybe how to look out for it when you take it for a test drive.

2.) whats the difference between 2006 model civic and facelift civic, does it look different from the outside. And what year does the face lift civic start from????

3.) Also the civic 2012 model when does it get released like as in what month?? do you think the current civic's will be dropped in price, because im looking to buy it used and i want to wait.

I would really really appreciate it so much if you kind people could reply to my questions and maybe more that im not aware off. Hope you have a great day, Look forward to your reply's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 20th January 2012, 07:51 Thread Starter
mo.
** Thread starter **

thank you for your reply, is there any one else that could answer my 3 questions
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 20th January 2012, 08:12
Supporter

Car: 2007 2.2 EX, NHB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mo. View Post
Hi

Just joined new to this site, i was wondering if you great civic owners would be helpfull to advice me on honda civic. Im looking to buy a used civic in about 3 months i was intrested in the 2.2 diesiel. (around 08-10 model),

MY main 3 questions are below

1.) Ive read alot about people complaining about problems on this site so i was just wanted some advice what to look out for and maybe how to look out for it when you take it for a test drive.

2.) whats the difference between 2006 model civic and facelift civic, does it look different from the outside. And what year does the face lift civic start from????

3.) Also the civic 2012 model when does it get released like as in what month?? do you think the current civic's will be dropped in price, because im looking to buy it used and i want to wait.

I would really really appreciate it so much if you kind people could reply to my questions and maybe more that im not aware off. Hope you have a great day, Look forward to your reply's
Hi mate....I have an '07 2.2 EX and bought it with 123k miles on the clock. It was an ex company car and came with FSH. I have had it for nearly 2 years and not had a single problem with it(touch wood). You can't do any wrong buying from '07 upwards....all depends on your budget and fuel economy you want etc etc.

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 20th January 2012, 08:16 Thread Starter
mo.
** Thread starter **

thats good to hear
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 20th January 2012, 09:39
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 i-CTDi ES NHB
Facelift came out in 2009 - see here 2009 Civic facelift - Civinfo Wiki

The 9G civic is on sale now but I don't know when expected deliveries are

If your after the diesel just watch out for clutch slip
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 20th January 2012, 09:45
...............Daedalus

Car: CW Type R No. 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNumpty View Post

Expected delivery for the 9th Gen diesel is end of this month I think. Petrol is a month or two down the road.

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 20th January 2012, 12:44
Supporter

Car: White '59' Mazda 3 MPS
Quote:

Clutch. Boot it in 3rd/4th/5th/6th gear around 2500/3000 revs, if possible on an incline. If the speed stays the same and the revs rise/ unstable then it is slipping. As mine is now...

Full service history. Make sure its got it & HPI clear.

General advice for looking at cars otherwise - check all panels are flush/ no dents/ dings/ scratches/ tears in fabrics etc.

Check to see if it has a spare wheel if you like the assurance of having one, as these are optional extras from when car was originally purchased.

Quote:
Facelift Civc the 'Sport' Grill, or Plastic & Black Grill. Facelift also has additional models introduced such as the Si, which is very similar (although differs slightly as I've mentioned in another thread) to the normal shape but is colour coded.

Facelift also introduced other items into some model's standard set-up, such as AUX/USB inputs for the radio in the armrest.

Facelift has a 'smoothed' rear splitter instead of the honey combe effect one.

I'm also sure i've missed out some additional bits.

Quote:
This is likely as with any release of a newer model. I'd wait it out tbh. Don't know how much prices will drop though, hard to predict, depends how well new one takes off I guess.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 20th January 2012, 15:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoNumpty View Post

I just bought one, an 09 2.2 diesel. In know, I should have checked here first.

But what is clutch slip (how do I recognise it)? and how easy/expensive is it to fix?

Thanks.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 20th January 2012, 23:25
Supporter

Car: White '59' Mazda 3 MPS
around the 900-1000 mark if you want an uprated one

around 800 if you want standard one that may go again.

Guess what I'm going for the top option.

Put it in a high gear at start of a hill and boot it, if revs climb and speed dosnt your in trouble soonish/ clutch is on way out.

New Flywheel & Clutch and possibly pedal re-alignment needed.

Cost is boosted up for a ridonkalous expensive DMF. But hey, its needed so what can you do.
Thanks to total_k-os from:
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 13th June 2012, 21:23

Clutch slip on 1.8

Hi, I'm looking to buy a 07+ Civic 1.8 EX soon, is clutch slip a problem with them too as with the 2.2 model?

Last edited by C1v1cEx; 13th June 2012 at 21:25. Reason: missed info out
post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 13th June 2012, 21:29
Civinfo Wind Up Merchant

Car: V'9 STI
Send a message via MSN to Scotty182
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1v1cEx View Post
Hi, I'm looking to buy a 07+ Civic 1.8 EX soon, is clutch slip a problem with them too as with the 2.2 model?
No, the 1.8 has very little torque os it's not an issue (unless previous user has killed the clutch)
post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 14th June 2012, 00:31
iVTEC, do you?

Car: 2009 CTR, Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by C1v1cEx View Post
I am just about to trade mine in... Been a great car, loved it to bits but looking forward to my type r now.

A lot of people will tell you the 2.2 is better, but take that with a pinch of salt. I loved the sound my 1.8 made

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > 2009 Civic (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page