2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

That other blog website

3K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  basegreen 
#1 ·
Well, a bit of time has elapsed, and quite a few here are probably not aware of the occurences with the blog site (beta) - so here's a quick note.

This site was started by a few of us who were getting frustrated with the censorship, slow posting time, layout, lack of facilities and inability to pm each other on the other blog site (beta).

We then had a thread here with a title that contained the name of the other blog site (beta). I sadly then got an email or two threatening all sorts of horrible legal action at huge expense to me for "passing off". This meant that they were accusing me of conning users into thinking that they were on their site, and doing business with them.

They even made the same accusation against a user here (now that took him by surprise!)

Obviously you cannot mistake the two sites, and my lawyers considered it a "nonsense" and the issue went away.

So here we do not put in writing the trademark of the other blog site (still in beta), but I feel that we can talk about it here, so long as we do not lie (because I have no doubt that they will claim some kind of libel, slander or defamation).

I've just been subject to the censorship again in response to a poster on the mp3 thread - so I thought I'd mention that here in case people thought I was being rude and not responding!

Anyway, that's the background - hope this site provides all the facilities you need and a friendly atmosphere to boot.

Pottsy

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.