2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Tein Lowering springs

10K views 39 replies 19 participants last post by  Benj1984 
#1 ·
Rears fitted today. Fronts tomorrow.

Sent from my HTC One_** using Tapatalk

See less See more
#7 ·
Not sure on the rates. Feels a lot smoother than standard, yeah did the rears on my own. Got my mate to help me with the fronts today. Good job I did cos we had to angle grind the arb drop links off and fit some new ones. 24 quid for a pair and the springs were 90 on eBay, brand new in box.

#8 ·
Probably need to get the alignment checked afterwards and it's worth getting a garage to fit new arb drop links before you start unless you want to cut the old ones off and fit new ones yourself. I used an angle grinder and a new pair.

#33 ·
One point, is that my car already seems quite low.

I'm not sure if previous owner had 15mm springs or not.

The only thing not standard that came on the car was the Skunk2 knob. So I'm not sure springs would have been added.

Anyone know an easy way to tell this (the OEM springs are black, and so are the 15mm eibachs I think)

#39 ·
I had teins on my ep3, they were nice and handled track and road well. Im going to get some for the fn2 as well. Just make sure you put the sleeves on the springs where the coils are close together, to stop them hitting together and clunking over bumps!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.