2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Wheel arch protector - fixing type

1K views 18 replies 2 participants last post by  flashy 
#1 ·
Hi,
I've had some trim that needs adjusting slightly since I got the car last year. Now the weather's nice I thought I would give it a go.

Just wondering what type of screw driver to use to remove these? (under the wheel arch protector, connecting to the side skirt)

Cheers,
Water

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Assume they are rivets, best option to drill them?

#4 ·
Underneath the arch, not the liner on the inside of the arch, the issue is the side skirt, the wheel arch trim should sit behind the skirt but instead sits on top of thr arch. Will try get a photo now.

#7 ·
Mine was like that when I fitted a replacement wheel arch trim. You might want to undo the wheel arch trim ending and realign it. The top needs to slide onto the skirt trim. I think mine snapped into place but I wouldn't recommend using too much force :)

#8 ·
That's the part im trying to loosen, the wheel arch end but has those rivets, did yours have the same fittings?

#9 ·
Ah. What you are looking at is underneath, you can leave those alone. If you look inside the wheel arch there are two screws at the bottom of the wheel arch liner (at the back of the wheel) that you need to undo. Should be fine to adjust then.

#10 ·
Ahh okay thanks, the Philips fixings, I took those off yesterday but couldn't get the arch to manipulate enough, will try again after work. Cheers.

#13 ·
Thanks for the info flashy, much appreciated. So to confirm only these two need removing (+ possibly a few clips)

Tire Automotive tire Rim Wheel Synthetic rubber

#17 ·
Great, will let you know how I get on, will give it a quick try on my lunch. Thanks flashy [emoji106]

#18 ·
Thanks for the advice Flashy, after a bit of gentle manipulation and a close call with a pop fitting (which miraculously didn't break)I got there in the end. Automotive exterior Architecture Rim Metal

Reactions: Farqui
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.