2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

FN2 wheel spin

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  Loxy 
#1 ·
My car seems to wheel spin a lot. Even on quite dry surfaces. It's obviously when I'm pulling away with power. It feels like it's only on my drivers side aswell (maybe this is because I'm the only person in the car and can only feel that wheel). Sometimes it feels like the wheel actually bounces. Sometimes it feels like it's it's just sliding (as though it's on mud and just spinning but not going anywhere). Also slight veer to the left. Tread on my nankang tyres seem OK.
Someone in a **** car tried to get past me coming away from traffic lights....because it wheel span that much I stayed level with him. If it wasn't for the wheel spin I would of left him! It's pissing me off haha!

Maybe it the way pulling away? Too much clutch?
Wheel alignment? Tyres? Brakes?
I've got a knocking noise starting to develop on passenger side front.....think it could be drop links? Could that be adding to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#4 ·
no wheel spin in the dry and very little in the wet with Goodyear f1's, an lsd also helps with the one tire fire.

#11 ·
http://www.tyrereviews.co.uk/Tyre/Nankang/NS2.htm

Not great reviews, especially not the recent ones.

Like I said, therein lies your problem.

There are four things that are between your car and the road. It's not worth putting cheapos on there because it affects virtually every aspect of your cards performance.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.