2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Hft Please Honda Sort It Out

Phone 
3K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  pjelsworth 
#1 ·
Before i start can i just say that i love my Civic its to date the best company car i have had.

The only complaint is the lousy HFT everybody that rings me on it always say what a bad line it is and i am getting hoarse from shouting just to be heard.

One of my work chums has the same car and the same problem with his HFT.

Have Honda any plans to sort this out or are we stuck with a system which is 2nd rate

#2 ·
There is a big thread about it already. Take it to a dealer and they will fix it for you. :)

#3 ·
Take it to a dealer - They will make a later appointment - for which you need to book time or a courtesy car - and fit a small piece of foam that costs about 2p. Afterwards, things are marginally better.

Alternatively - follow the instructions elsewhere on these pages, do the same mod yourself (its very easy) without all the dealer involvement or the waste of time, and again - things are marginally better.

During the short time you are doing the mod, you can reflect on how a major motor manufacturer can bring into service an HFT that is unfit for purpose, then have the gall to suggest that 2p's worth of foam which makes a marginal improvement makes everything OK in an 18 grand car!

Be aware that if you have an EX with voice controls, the mod has little effect on these - they remain slow and uncertain.

Yes - I'm sarcastic, and perhaps a little bitter - but the HFT remains adequate at lower speeds on decent surfaces only, poor to unusable under less ideal circumstances and the voice controls - well - I've completely given up. Slow, inaccurate and of no practical use whatsoever - It is indeed fortunate that the normal controls are in fact very good and very well laid out!

#4 ·
Take it to a dealer - They will make a later appointment - for which you need to book time or a courtesy car - and fit a small piece of foam that costs about 2p. Afterwards, things are marginally better.

Alternatively - follow the instructions elsewhere on these pages, do the same mod yourself (its very easy) without all the dealer involvement or the waste of time, and again - things are marginally better.

During the short time you are doing the mod, you can reflect on how a major motor manufacturer can bring into service an HFT that is unfit for purpose, then have the gall to suggest that 2p's worth of foam which makes a marginal improvement makes everything OK in an 18 grand car!

Be aware that if you have an EX with voice controls, the mod has little effect on these - they remain slow and uncertain.

Yes - I'm sarcastic, and perhaps a little bitter - but the HFT remains adequate at lower speeds on decent surfaces only, poor to unusable under less ideal circumstances and the voice controls - well - I've completely given up. Slow, inaccurate and of no practical use whatsoever - It is indeed fortunate that the normal controls are in fact very good and very well laid out!
The bit of foam made a significant difference in my case, so maybe your problems lie elsewhere, e.g. the mic itself.

#5 ·
I would say that the fix is better than a marginal improvement, my car was probably one of the first customer cars to get the mod done (actually by Honda themselves, not a dealer) and the improvement is amazing, people actually can't tell I am in the car, even at 50 - 60 mph.

#6 ·
Do 07 models have the modified fix as standard now?
I mean my HFT seems ok, I haven't actually been the recipient of a call always just called out. But I dont have a problem .... so i guess I should not really care if I have the mod or not...:)

#8 ·
I did that Degs - its fine, would still like to know if it has the fix, but I suppose I should not care. I did try out and re-do the diagnostic microphone level as I am just a button pusher....I had to , could not help myself.:eek:

#12 ·
LOL - I recognise that trait! :D:D:D

.... As for the voice-recognition, it works excellently. Sometimes, however, after first start up, it won't recognise the first command, but after that - perfect!
mine too - every time I first use it after start up, it interprets 'Redial' as 'star 8 1 - say call...' LOL

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.