2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

newbie ctr 07 problem

1K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Typersam1 
#1 ·
Hi guys
I have had my07 ctr 3 weeks and had the 3rd gear problem within a week!!!
I located a low mileage secondhand box and fitted a new oe clutch. it is so much better but on occasions it pops out of 3rd!
I am now thinking of getting a carbon snyc kit form mfactor tegiwa.
has anyone done this and is there any how to??
Thanks

#2 · (Edited)
I spent ages finding out info before I got mine done. Everyone said stick with genuine even the tuning guys. I recall it costing £250 for the synchro 3/4th kit and about £80 on bearing, I had a leatherhead company do mine as I haven't got to skills, also had a quaife lsd fitted,

The Honda synchro's are carbon lined anyway I seem to recall a redesign in 2010 so I asked for the latest version,
Stick with the Honda mtf3 oil. I'm not aware of them failing after this age before 2010 I have heard the issue remained most on 07 cars

The is a video on YouTube of a guy breaking down a 2008? Civic Si, clearly a man who knows his trade. Not really much help but my opinion,

Also a lsd makes this car feel twice the power, never waiting to apply the power

#8 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.