2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Who's up on there Type R spark plugs ?

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  weegaz22 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Saw a post a few days ago about someone asking what plugs for FN2 type R. People were going on about the different heat temp ones, then one guy mentioning that his were not the best when cold and the car popped a bit with a mis fire but then when warm they were great. Anyway me too is after a good set of plugs, but I LIKE any pops and mis fires and bangs and wish my CTR was like a r35 popping down the road.

Anyone know of a good fast road plug that would maybe give me some pops and also great performance ?

Cheers

#3 ·
Normally something like NGK BKR7EIX, around £30 a set, but curious if there is a better option with stronger spark etc ? Ive seen people talk about different heat ranges etc of plugs available ? Just wondering what advantage if any it would be going for say ONE step colder etc ? Plugs are such a important part of the engine as we know, just wanted to see if there was a better ! Than stock version, for like fast road / track ? Think even HKS do a set for example ? Would these be any better than stock ?

#7 · (Edited)
Me personally i've never needed a reason to go to a colder plug on an N/A engine, I've had to do it on my boosted cars but that's cos the boost was raised along with other mods to support a +50% power increase, unless you have a high comp engine kicking out a load of power then the standard plug will probably be fine.

NGK state that a general "rule of thumb" is 1 grade colder for a 75-100bhp increase...i dare say there will be some exceptions to that, but it gives you an rough idea of when you should be looking at plug temp range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.