2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Scoop In

7K views 26 replies 15 participants last post by  mw1978 
#1 ·
Right,

A lot of controversy about the whole GruppeM thing - So what's the deal with the ScoopIn setup sold by DrivenCrazy?

I'm guessing with the way it's based your getting noise + gains (however small they may be)? or are you still loosing HP like normal open cone systems.

#2 ·
noise is class on it..i sold mine to alan off the site along with the K&N apollo kit and the sucking noise is immense..he has that and a dastek remap and getting over 230bhp..so no signs of losing power there...

its a nice combo!

#5 ·
it is totally mappable...i found brillaint gains on this as did my friend...if it is done proper you would find the same too..there are other mappable version out too...

revolution got something called hydra...think thats what its called and they recommend that as remappable...

#7 ·
because people might want that kick early on and rev out to 8600rpm...check out that gruppe m topic...big talk on that and hondata have come in on it ;)

dont get me wrong not that anything is wrong with it..i love the hondata..

#8 ·
Has anybody got a price on this yet? Reading up, it looks like the stock induction and exhaust works fine :)

#9 · (Edited)
sounds good to me,with a mappable one,is there anyway to lower the vtec and extend the revs? or is that impossible as it piggy backs original ecu?
also if a perfect map is done on the mappable unit,wont that give better gains than hondata,as i read in earlier threads that hondata only gives a few bhp,
so is it a case of same vtec limits but more bhp and torque across the range vs hondata which is earlier vtec and later rev limit(if im making sense)
also the price comparison makes a big diff to me to

#10 ·
back on topic about the scoopin'! i am also intrested as i would love the gruppe m but i think it's to dear!
does the scoopin' fit to the standard airbox? i was looking to fit a performance panel filter and the scoopin' would this work?
or is it a feed for an induction kit!

#12 ·
Worth considering the Scoop'In I think...

#13 ·
Fitted my scoopin the other day along with HKS hybrid panel filter.
I'm very happy :D, good fit and nice induction sound. The engine feels smoother and more responsive at low revs, and wilder in VTEC.:D

Two [smilie=superkewl.g: thumbs up.

#16 · (Edited)
#20 ·
i dont like open cone air filter inductions because of the loud noise.
thinking of putting on this scoopin with stock airbox and a Κ&Ν panel filter.
does anyone try that combination?
how is the noise without the stock resonator? is it loud like open inductions?
And what about gains with flashpro remmaping?
any help is much appreciated!!

#22 · (Edited)
SCOOPIN ang GruppeM work the same but scoopin is much cheeper. I(scoopin) and DAWID(gruppeM) had the same numbers with the same mods. Cars on the road drove the same!

I can give you advice: if you have OEM ECU or Reflash ECU DONT TUCH INTAKE. ONLY OEM intake work with these ECUs

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.