2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Radio - Have I Missed Something?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  atom3624 
#1 ·
Now I do like to be 'one up' on the next person when able, but have no intention of reading 700+ pages of manual, which repeats itself perhaps 5,000 times to find out something trivial ...

Is there a way of listening to the radio without burning up some of the earth's final hydrocarbons?

Many's the time I can drop the wife off at Tesco's, Aldi, Asda or Morri's and CANNOT 'do a lemming' following her around aimlessly for one hour, so used to prefer to listen to the match in the car.

In Winter I would fire up perhaps for 1 minute every 20 to recharge the battery a little and warm the car up, but the idea of sitting in a car park with the car idling for one hour is dericulous!

Tell me I've missed something!!

Al.

#6 ·
Are you saying without firing up?
Earlier post is excellent - I'll try that button.

FYI - yes I was aware of idling not really charging, so I would hold revs at perhaps 1.2 - 1.4 k revs to charge a little during this one minute - engine would also, obviously get a little warmer as well.

Thanks all - all is a bit of a learning curve (didn't fancy following 'mummy' aimlessly for one hour, caring person that I am!!).

Al.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.