2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Bluetooth, USB and aux kit

AUX in 
11K views 25 replies 7 participants last post by  iwocivic 
#1 ·
Hi,

Can anyone tell me what bluetooth kit available on Ebay will work on my 2007 Honda Civic EX with Sat Nav?

I think I might need a Y cable if so. I have read on here about removing the head unit to access the rear.

I would like to simply like to have USB playback, phone cable aux in and bluetooth for music playback from the phone.

Once plugged in, do I simply press the aux button to connect up any of those three option?

Thanks

#3 ·
Okay thanks for that. It does seem a shame to swap over a perfectly good working unit in all other respects and fork out a considerable amount of money though for this option. Remember this is the Sat Nav version too.

Comment noted and many thanks for replying!

#5 ·
I fitted an aux cable to my 06 Civic ES, one of the Connects2 ones (i could search for the one i got if you want), it was about £32 and recently i bought a bluetooth receiver for £20 (although there are cheaper ones), and i can now connect my phone to the bluetooth receiver and play my music. The sound quality is great to me.

I eventually want to get a double din head unit though, so i can use the screen for a reversing camera, but in the mean time this is a good easy alternative.

#6 ·
OEM, usb supports all MP3, no lag, no delay, no pitch sounds, no stupid laud song start. You can explore folders with folder wheel, you see folders name, songs name, etc. Sound quality.... bluetooth quality is crap with SBC, the lag.... You can get back mirror with reversing camera support.

#7 ·
If you are after a cheaper kit, look up the Anker Sound Sync if you want a usb powered aux cable Bluetooth receiver

#20 ·
Hi folks sorry to hijack your thread but I'm looking for some advice and you guys seem to be discussing what I'm having trouble with. I know this is a Civic forum but I've got a 2012 EX Jazz with an aux in socket, 12v power socket and a usb adapter cable- all standard to the model by Honda.

For many many reasons I'm not a fan of Apple but have finally ditched my ipod for a sony walkman (old school, I know). Annoyingly the ipod works perfectly via the usb adapter.

The problem is connecting it and getting full functionality via USB in my Honda Jazz.

If I connect via usb and use it in "mass storage mode" it works but the organisation of all the folders is a mess. They're not in any hierarchical order and I can't access any playlists. They're not even sorted into artist/ album/ song etc. So it's good to randomly play things but not to actually find anything specific.

If I connect via usb and have it in normal player mode it says "unsupported" and nothing works.

If I connect via the aux function it works but I can't use the car controls.

I seem to only be able to connect my phone via bluetooth to the car.

Is there any way of having the functionality in the car of my ipod without using an ipod? i.e. be able to select artist/ album/ songs/ playlists and be able to use the steering wheel controls?

I've not converted any files (that I know of) I've just emptied everything from iTunes onto the walkman.

Is the Anker SoundSync mentioned above the answer?

#25 ·
#26 ·
I ended up getting the same option.

1. Installation was not too bad but I had Parrot installed so this added some complexity - not much. Plenty of help on YT.

2. Sound is good, using jack or sd card doesn’t make sense to me so I went with bluetooth, cable free option.

3. Receiving and making calls is easy and sound is very good - checked with callers.

4. It connects automatically when BT is activated on a phone (I'm using iphone 7 plus)

5. There is usb charger out option so I put cable through front small storage - handy for charging the phone.

I'm very happy with the purchase, thanks for help guys!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.