Civinfo - View Single Post - What a difference 500ml makes
View Single Post
post #2 of (permalink) Old 25th September 2018, 14:30
K20 King

Car: 58 CTR GT Milano Red
Same here, although I didn't have a CVT 'box I had a 1.0 three cylinder SE. It was terrible to live with, literally sounded like half a V6 and I didn't see great returns in terms of MPG. 6 months on I cleared the finance and went for the Sport (manual). On initial test drive I came across the current Focus ST on the road and after some spirited driving, it held it's own. After that, I decided to take the plunge.

180-190 bhp is warm hatch territory and go back ten years or so it would have definitely been a hot hatch. After reading into the L15B I found out that Honda have an in built turbo lag, which for me became slightly annoying when having to waiting for something to happen when booting it, sometimes up to 2 seconds.

I found that Hondata had released the Flashpro for the 10th gen civic sport. No brainer. It's a completely different beast and it now hangs with the likes of the (pre-face lift) current manual Audi S3.
With the deletion of rev hang, addition of flat foot shifting and almost minimal turbo lag (plus more booooost) it's a proper sleeper and I couldn't be happier with it.

I've had no issues with the car at all in my ownership since December 17. Nothing mechanical anyway. Honda's renowned thin and soft paint is a bug bear, especially as a hobbiest detailer. Anti-glare coating on the screen scratches too easily and sends my OCD through the roof on a sunny day. Speaking of the entertainment system, I would recommend the use of the honda hack app. It's a bit of a faff getting it on there, but with the likes of Netflix and youtube for the kids it's a win win. Kids love the car, it's quiet, plenty of space in the back. Put the car side by side to the current BMW 3 series and you'd be hard pressed to call it. It's a big car as Chris Harris said in his review of the Type R. I would have liked to see the US Civic SI seats in there seeing as it's supposed to be a mid range car between to 1 litre triple and Type R. But alas, we only make the bloody thing in the UK, not like we contribute much in any way is it.

Great car. love it.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome