2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Parking sensor issues on my Accord...

10K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Wazza350 
#1 ·
I've had my Accord now a month, and love it to bits, but there is a small issue with my parking sensors, and wondered if anyone could shed any light.

They work absolutely brilliantly in the dry, but when they're cold, damp or wet they sound continuously! Thought they were supposed to see through water?

First thing in the morning I get the problem when the car is either cold or damp, or as I say when it rains and they're wet.

As I said they sound continuously when it happens as if i've reversed up to something and its sensing something - like it should - but all that is in the way is a bit of coldness or water droplets.

Any help is greatly appreciated, Thanks!

#4 ·
Cheers!

I've since discovered that one of the sensors isn't working! This could be the prob.

Cheers.
Hello!

I have used my parking sensors in all kind of weather since autumn 2008...rain, snow, fog +++... only when snow is covering the sensors I have experienced the same problem.

I also belive your defect sensor may be the problem....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.