2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Rubber flaps under car

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  civ9gen 
#1 ·
Took the car in for a service and the guy mentioned there were only 2 fittings left on one side and none on the other which meant they were sticking down and asked if it was scraping at any point (it is pulling into my drive)

Anyone know what the fittings or rubber flaps for that matter are called and where to source them ?

TIA

#3 ·
My pre-owned car came originally with only one "Front Bumper left/right Side Strake". Cox had those in stock for ~19£/unit. If I remember correctly, in addition to two normal plastic clips "Honda Clip B Bumper", there is also one metal screw keeping the rubber strake in place.
5D Civic has a surprisingly low clearance on the front. It is easy to get a ground touch when coming to and off raised platforms, so it is actually nice to have an early safety-indicator. Without those easily bending rubber strakes, ground touch would already mean some damage to front's plastics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.