2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Voice recognition

Voice recog 
4K views 20 replies 11 participants last post by  antmaz 
#1 ·
Hi Guys,

Quick question..

Does voice recognition come with SAT NAV or Bluetooth? Or is it a separate thing? If not can you get it installed afterwards on a used Civic?

Many thanks :p

#2 ·
It comes with the satnav/HFT combo which can be installed by Honda but I think it costs over a grand

#5 ·
No idea about retrofitting, just stating the facts- voice operation requires satnav/hft and it costs over a grand... If it can be fitted?

#10 ·
now im confused..

i have sat nav installed (ex model) it has the voice commands, but i cant seem to find or know how to use the phone.

i dont have a honda bluetooth device on the door pillar.

#8 ·
The option is Sat Nav with HFT and voice recognition, the items are not seperate.

HFT is Hands Free Telephone which connects to your phone with bluetooth with a microphone built into the car and the sound coming through the speakers in the front doors.

#14 ·
Hi Guys, Quick question. Does voice recognition come with SAT NAV or Bluetooth ? Or is it a separate thing? If not can you get it installed afterwards on a used Civic ? Many thanks :p

A few different things going on here :-
  • If the car has the SatNav screen built into the upper centre of the dash, then the HFT and voice-activated controls come as part of the same electronic package ...
  • If the car doesn't, you could (in theory at least) retro-fit the package, just as long as you acquired all the necessary parts and were prepared to shell out a simply huge amount of dosh ...
  • If the car doesn't, you could fit the separate HFT package (mounts on the A-pillar) and the Honda compact SatNav (sits on top of the dash) - but you still wouldn't have voice activated controls, and these two 'add-ons' won't be exactly cheap either ...
So, I'd forget any thought of retro-fitting whatsoever, especially if we're talking about buying a used Civic ...

#15 · (Edited)
And, hands-free phone aside, I almost never use the voice activated features. Easier to push a button to turn the radio on or twiddle a dial to change the temperature than to have an argument with the car over what I did or didn't say...

A nice gimmick and fun to play with for the first week of ownership, but after that, it's far easier to push a button!

#17 ·
I mostly use the voice controls for the AC ...

1} Leaving home in the morning, it's "Climate Control - Defrost" ...

2} When it's time, then it's "Climate Control - Full Automatic" ...

Also often used for the CD player, to replay or go to a specific track ...

Gimmick ? - oh, yes - but I do love it ! ...

#19 ·
On mine I find the 'CC Full Auto' of 23°C too hot, even at this time of year.

Mine is set on 20°C both sides and is 'cosy' :D
23°C ? - "Full Auto" on mine has always been 22°C ! - can the default be changed ? ...

#21 ·
No can do I'm afraid

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.