2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Declined by Honda UK for roof rust repair.

9K views 26 replies 17 participants last post by  borse2010 
#1 ·
So after weeks of emails and visits to the dealership, honda UK have refused to sort this out. Instead they have offered to supply and fit the windscreen seal as a good will gesture but any additional work ie rust repair and respray will be down to me to pay for. What now? Should I take this further or just suck it up and fork out? How much do they normally charge do do the job? I've been quoted £200 from local body shop, so should I just get the seal off honda and have them do it?

#2 ·
Kick off mate.
If they are willing to sort you out a new windscreen seal then surely that's admitting that there poor design of the old one has caused the rust issues in the first place?
They have to honour a claim on a design defect!

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

#5 ·
That's always been the case with previous posts.

No FHSH and they can't help.

I guess the argument is that if they had serviced it then they may have spotted the corrosion earlier and it would have been cheaper to repair.

#16 ·
Winner........

I would of kicked off if they said no mate, If the car is less than 10 years old and has original paint how can they reject it?

I had very little history with mine and UK passed it within 3 days of contacting them, got booked in and got a Jazz for 10 days for free :surprise: (which got parked up and I used the FK lol)

What has a service stamp got to do with a rusty roof and poor designed window seal anyway:serious:

#18 · (Edited)
Just as a slight aside, a friend of mine has just had his Civic serviced at Formula 1 Autocentres - 25% off atm. He was highly satisfied. OK you don't get the extras like brake cables tightened and car washed etc.

But for a standard service with the current 25% discount (have to ask for this btw as the vouchers tend to be hidden behind the counter!), £82.50 (normally £110).

A Large "Master" service is £120 (normally £150). That's around 1/2 the price of Honda.

Also, don't rip you off. My friend had a piece of heat shielding that was rattling and needed removing. They removed it during the service FOC!

He also had leaking shockers that Honda said were OK for now around 6 months ago and he thought it was a bit crashy so asked them to check. Came back the shockers were ok and still didn't need changing! Can't really complain at that. He did price them before hand though, £155 each fitted (£105 + £50 Labour - I'm guessing the latter is the hourly rate assuming you can change a shock in an hour).

#22 ·
It certainly does seem to be hit and miss with this problem my fn2 had this problem I had mine for about a month then I noticed the roof was gutted I hadn't noticed it when I bought hthe car I got in touch with honda UK who told me to take to my local Honda dealer they had look at the service history which hadn't had a service in 2 years they also checked the thickness of the paint to check for any botched repair I was told that it's only a goodwill gesture if honda repair it not warranty work. A couple of hours later I got a call to say honda UK have approved the repair I can't understand why its so hit and miss all I can say is just keep trying fingers crossed they might change their minds

#23 ·
I think I've discovered this on my FN2 today, a couple of weeks short of its 10th birthday. I was having a look round the car for any fresh dings in the bodywork, and there's a 1mm thick line of orange colour peeping out from behind the windscreen seal along the leading edge. So far it extends outwards from the middle but hasn't reached the outsides yet. I hope it isn't the dreaded rust. I really can't be doing with another bill if Honda won't fix it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.