2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Factory DRL for non DRL modell

3K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  chunter 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I just wondering is it possible to build a stock DRL for a non DRL modell. As I know scandinavian modells having DRL using the high-beam lights reduced to 30%.
What I know that I need to add two fuses for the internal box (number 7 and 37) and at least a relay which drives the high-beam.
I found the factory drl relay part number: 39794-S10-003 RELAY ASSY., POWER (5P) (MICRO ISO) (MITSUBA) (DAYTIME LIGHT)

It should be look like this:

Did anyone built this or have information about is it possible to build and what exact modifications are needed?

I really appreciate any assistance.

Chris

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi Chris,

I don’t know about the factory oem type DRL’s, wasn’t even aware such a thing existed, however, my good friend Stephen from Custom Light Worx would be your guy for any custom light work.

I have twin halo rings which I use as sidelights but could be used as DRL’s with twin projector HID’s for main dipped and high beam.

Any combination is possible, you can even have DRL strips

Check out his Facebook page.

https://www.facebook.com/customlightworkss/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
So after I did some further investigation I realized that the non Scandinavian models don't have the DRL feature so I bought a DRL module instead of chasing the factory solution.
The benefits:
  • no need to apply any additional light into the car (it uses the high beam with reduced power)
  • only turns on when the engine is started and the lights are off, so using the Auto setting I no need to turn/forgot light anytime.

The proper and safe installation of the module is not a beginner level. If you are not familiar with car electronics it is better to ask an expert.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.