2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Was in an s2000 today

14K views 47 replies 30 participants last post by  Jenga_89 
#1 ·
Mate at work took me for a spin in his 2005 honda s2000 today.

The speed and power compared to the type r are unbelievable! The vtec changeover is alot more violent and the ride quality is actually pretty good compared to the R (suppose I have 19" rages which doesn't help). The rear wheel drive caused us to swing the rear out a few times which felt excellent. It just felt like it was supposed to go sideways, felt natural!!

The whole sports roadster is not my type of car but I loved every minute of it.

Bad honda for dropping it:mad:

Many s2000 owners here?

#3 ·
I know what you mean here.

It is undoubtedly a much better performance car than the FN2, however, I found it to be not that much quicker, it is quicker, don't get me wrong, but not mind blowingly so.

It will remain one of the best sports cars of all time in my opinion.

#9 ·
It is a girls car!

My mum has one because she thinks it looks nice and she doesn't need the space as we have a land rover also. She uses it to commute in daily.I think my mum used to have an 325 so she is used to the rwd nature.

I have driven it a few times and in the wet it can get a bit sideways. I have been promised a swap my civic for the S2000 when I can afford the insurance.

#15 ·
It is a girls car!

:confused::confused::confused: and :confused:

Yes, I suppose it is if you are VBH. And so is an Enzo when driven by a non-male.

The CTR is the one to get if you need to go shopping, take the family out or transport a fridge to the tip. Yes, you have to compromise and have FWD and family hatch suspension to get these features - but despite that the CTR is still a load of fun.

If, however, you are prepared to forgo those conveniences, then you can enjoy a proper drivers car with real RWD.

PS - VBH bought an S2000 for her own transport.

#12 ·
A girls car? Mid life crisis car?!

Didn't feel like an old persons or a womans car when vtec kicked in at 5850 and screamed all the way to 9k!!

I have to admit I used to think it was a hairdressers car too but the s2000 is an amazing machine, suppose it depends on whos driving! I did notice the quality of the build, no rattles etc...

Not a car for everyone but definitely not the womans/old persons car it gets labeled.

Reactions: newciv
#14 ·
This, like the DC5 is one of the reasons I try to avoid them - because I'm fickle as I'd be exploring routes for acquiring one, against all sense and sensibility.

I was saying to a member who recently bought one on another site; it's arguably the best/only Convertible a proper man can look cool in this side of M3 money IMO - awesome.

#16 ·
s2000 girls car? mate you r a havin a laugh we have both honda and mazda franchises here and the mx-5 is admitidly a girls car but mind you it has sold more units then any other car in its class so you cant really knock it. the s2000 is a completly different animal like a couple of folk have said its a proper drivers car you just have to be able to put up with only to seats and a tiny boot. mx5 is more of a lazy sunday afternoon with the mrs car. s2000 is lik all hondas youve gotta get it in the vtec and push it amazin fun though will put a smile on your face everytime

#19 ·
Admit it, it really is a girly car in the way it looks. It is a great engine and it offers decent performance but everytime I see an S2000 I think of my mum! My mum drives one everyday back and forward to work.

The body shape, the compactness just looks feminine. Here is a nice looking car and girl as an example.

#17 ·
wonder if and when honda will be producing a new version, as they stopped production im waiting patiently for a new one!

#23 ·
Honda S2000

I was lucky enough to buy one of the last S2000's last June it is a fabulous car and has to be a future classic, it has the benefit of having the VSA so handling much safer in the hands of a novice. A total different drive than my Civic but love them both.
Buzby:)

#27 ·
Yes, got one and loving it, even if that does mean I am a girly having a mid-life crisis (well I probably am having the mid-life bit). At least it's got a bigger boot than any of my motorbikes, and I don't have to get dressed up like the Michelin man.

#28 ·
Had an S2000 a couple of years ago between my old EP3 and my current FN2.

What a great car. Fabulous to drive, and so much quicker round the track than the FN2.
Impractical... yes, but You can really feel everything when you're driving the car hard. FN2 is too comfy to do this properly.

I do really like the comfort and space of the FN2, but I loved that S2K... [smilie=cwl.gif]

#29 ·
My Mum has an S2000 as a weekend car, unfortunately she doesn`t realise that it goes past 4000rpm! When i had my Accord Type R, my Dad and I had a proper standing start and rolling start drag race and they were completely even stevens. I`ve had a lot of cars in my time but my favourite is the Accord, if i was lucky enough to own the S2 its the only car i can think of that would knock the Accord off my top spot. As for it being a girls car, its certainly no Toyota MR-s, when driven to the limit the S2000 is a hard car to beat. It is scarily fast in a track situation, yet poised and the feedback is superb in contrast to the MkIV Supra Twin Turbo that i had that was bloody scary on the limit and you always felt that you weren`t quite sure what it would do. Even 12 years on i think you`d be hard pushed to find a cabriolet drivers car that can quite reach the grade that the S2000 has reached.

#30 ·
My mate has an S2K and we often take turns as to who drives. With the roof down and up to 9K it is amazing. But I'm 6ft4 and find it very tight. That said he likes my CTR, and says Clarkson doesn't know what he is talking about (referring to his review on TG). In particular he says the suspension isn't as bad as he had expected, loads of speed bumps around here too.

I'd love to justify having a S2K but it is too impractical for me. It does look good though, his is silver and his paint is in better nick after a couple of years than mine is after 6 months.

That said he wants to trade back to a Lotus Elise. :rolleyes:

#37 ·
The guy who runs our local hairdressers has a new 911 carrera. Strange how good cars like the S2000 and Mx5 get this hairdresser image.

The VTEC howl with the roof down in an S2000 is pure magic. I wasn't that impressed with the handling, mainly because the steering was a bit numb / wooden.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.