2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

How do I shut off Sat Nav during a jpurney?

Satnav 
39K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  Kremmen 
#1 ·
This may seem stupid but I've searched the handbook and can't find how to shut off the sat nav - or even the voice directions - while the car is being driven. Does anyone know if switching off the ignition is the only was to turn it off?

#2 ·
How do I shut off Sat Nav during a journey?

This may seem stupid but I've searched the handbook and can't find how to shut off the sat nav - or even the voice directions - while the car is being driven. Does anyone know if switching off the ignition is the only was to turn it off?

#10 · (Edited)
Off the top of my head, apologies if I am wrong. Whilst the sat nav is still guiding, I hit return which brings a list of options (the first is to stop guidance). So select that.

#3 ·
If you dont press ok on the start up screen it wont come on

#8 ·
Here you go jefkandoo. and Jack the Lad

To turn off Sat Nav screen whilst driving just press the display mode button on the dash board at the side of the Enter button.

If set to day driving press 3 times
If set to night time driving press 2 times.

To turn Sat Nav back on press display button one time.

Cheers

John G

Reactions: jefkandoo
#14 ·
there is an option.
all u need to do is press the back button while driving. then choose stop. or just shout stop into the mic.
but i dont understand why you need to set the destination if you dont want to use it.

#15 ·
Why would you want to turn it completely off when you have planned a route?

If you haven't planned a route then it doesn't make a noise.

I mute the sound unless I want spoken directions in an unfamiliar area :

Menu > Setting1 > Volume

If you don't want to view the map then press Audio or Climate

#17 ·
Why would you want to turn it completely off when you have planned a route?

If you haven't planned a route then it doesn't make a noise.

Thats why i put what i did in the first reply to this, thought you just wanted to not have it on in the first place, doesn't make sense to me either but hey ho:confused:

#16 ·
Blimey, quite a few methods to choose from (my favourite being give the box a slap!) but if you are trying to do what I think you are (kill the directions before you arrive but still have the screen / map running?) then hit the second of the steering controls (not the voice activation one, I think it's the lowest one down as you feel it) and then options come up on the screen including one for "Stop Guidance" - that stops the current route but leaves the map functions as if you were just driving normally

Took me ages to figure out!

Cheers

Nick

#20 ·
Even though I know my way home from the office I always plot the route, but have the voice off.

This way, if the TMC picks up any traffic problems then I get warned (but only visually).

You have to monitor the M25 all the time these days :)

#22 ·
hi,my daugthers mk8 2.2cdti can be manually set up to travel from a-b but there is no auto voice instruction whilst moving via sat-nav strangly if she presses a certain button it then tells her where she is,this is useless one cannot safely keep doing this whilst moving therefore what is she doing wrong as she seem to disengage voice control in favour of auto voice direction such as on my garmin satnav-can anyone advise,thankyou

#23 ·
There is a setting to do exactly as you say. Off hand I can't remember where it is as I have a 9G now, which also has this option.

What your describing is the option to repeat the last instruction, which works whether the nav sound is muted or not.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.