2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Towbar removal

Electrics 
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  danlat1415 
#1 ·
Got a factory fit towbar that I want to remove. Anyone got the instructions on how to fit? may help removal.........

If not, removal of the rear bumper? where does the wiring plug into the cars main loom (drivers side boot panel)?

Any help would be most welcomed!

Thanks in advance!

#3 · (Edited)
I hope that wasn't fitted from new, if it was, you may have a problem.
When a towbar is fitted, a beam is removed from behind the bumber and replaced with one that has the towbar on it. You will definately need this. Its a steel box section, about 4ft long. You may also need a new bumper as a piece will have been cut out. As for wiring, it really does depend on which of the 3 methods were used. If a factory fit, it should be a plug in unit

Regards

Simon

#6 ·
I hope that wasn't fitted from new, if it was, you may have a problem.
When a towbar is fitted, a beam is removed from behind the bumber and replaced with one that has the towbar on it. You will definately need this. Its a steel box section, about 4ft long. You may also need a new bumper as a piece will have been cut out. As for wiring, it really does depend on which of the 3 methods were used. If a factory fit, it should be a plug in unit

Regards

Simon

I've got a towbar on mine. not sure if it was factory fit, but was thinking of removing it.
How do you check whether it was factory fit or not?
Is the factory one welded into the bumper support bar? or just drilled in?
would it look any different from a non-factory fit one?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.