2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

spoiler Question

8K views 31 replies 7 participants last post by  sensible 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me how the spolier is fitted on the 09/10 3 or 5 dr model civic (not the type R) want to know if this spoiler will fit an 07 model as well

#2 ·
Can anyone tell me how the spoiler is fitted on the 09/10 3 or 5 dr model civic (not the type R) want to know if this spoiler will fit an 07 model as well
I have the current 'Trunk Spoiler' fitted to my 2007 5-door ...

Lovely piece of kit - it has 2 small bolted brackets, and I think there is bonding involved as well ...

'Andy' from Gordons Honda (one of the dealers in here) is the man to talk to - and they give a discount to Civinfo members ...

#3 ·
Thanks for the info matey

#4 ·
Do the brackets go to the single bolt on the underside on each side? Hope that makes sense!

#5 ·
I believe so - but I had my dealer fit mine, so not 100% certain ...

#7 ·
thanks for your help guys;)

#9 ·
Thanks gers, i have just managed to pick-up a brand new 09/10 spoiler with all the fixings and the one strut on ebay from honda in Glasgow for £51, it is even in Milano red so im now :D that this fits mine. Cant wait to get it on the car.

#11 ·
Wow!!! That's a result :D Is it the image pack spoiler or the Type S one?
Its apparently of the Grand prix pack as the image pack was the earlier one, doesn't mean anything to me apart from the guy at Honda said the spoiler retails at £327.07 inc vat and the full kit comes out at over £1500 :shock: Have to get pics once its fitted mate

#13 ·
That's a cracking deal, especially as it's already painted in Milano.:D Pretty sure it's the same spoiler from the image pack,although if it's the Type S (trunk spoiler) it's an even better deal:D adds a real nice touch to the rear of the car. Good luck with the fitting....get the pics up!:D
Thanks matey and will do, ive had some real luck with Honda lately, first i managed to pick-up brand new championship white alloys with brand new tyre from Northampton Honda for £450, then went to Lancaster Honda and saw Dan for a sports grill for £90 now got this spoiler for £51. Just shows there are bargins to be had out there!

#17 ·
Spoiler arrived this afternoon without damage and with all the fixings including the new strut and instructions so guess what i will be doing tomorrow morning;)

#19 ·
Thanks gers, im going to take the car to my mate who has his own bodyshop only 5 mins from where i live so he will have plenty even though it came with two swabs. Prob have to warm the spoiler and plexiglass first, soooo cold here!

#23 ·
Your a lucky fellah mate, getting parts from Honda dirt cheap and have a mate who owns a body shop 5 mins down the road. :popcorn2:

If your doing the lottery tonight.... PM me your numbers lol. [smilie=giggle.gif]
I know im very lucky gers, also have a couple of mates here that own there own motorbike shop/garage so i get all my parts and jobs done cheap or use there tools to do it myself, as for the lotto numbers dont think it will help as they are all my wifes numbers that we use thus why we have not won :facepalm: but she wont change them just incase [smilie=giggle.gif]

#21 ·
Nice one - a bloody bargain, that was ! ...

And the extra \ new strut is very effective - it's more powerful than the original (because of the spoiler weight), and gets rid of the "tailgate opens too slowly in the cold" problem that some people have had ...

Get some pics up, when fitted :cool: !!! ...

#22 ·
Thats great!......the amount of times me and the wife have banged our heads on the boot :mad: so yes we have that problem lol, will wash the car first thing then put the spoiler on and post the pics of it done.

#24 ·
Spoiler fitted :D Was very easy to do thankfully as it was freezing. My mate was spraying a car in his spray booth in about 70 degree's while i was stuck outside in the sub zero temps, it was worth it though and gers, your right, the boot opens as it should now.......

#25 ·
Hey J. Derek Riddell, thought the new strut would open the boot. Oh wait, its prob because of all the dam snow laying on it :)

#27 ·
Thanks gers [smilie=gt-happyup.:

#29 ·
#30 ·
Try Gordon's Honda - one of the dealers in here …

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.