2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Strange faults linked to temp sensor

AC/Heater 
2K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  gagnoa 
#1 ·
When I turn the ignition on (but not start the car) the outside temp reading in the multifunction display does not read any temperature. ---- Also the external air conditioning fans at the radiator used to come on, but they remain off. The small centre display used to show air con on auto (or man) and the car temperature settings, this is now blank.
I start the car and everything remains off as above including the outside temperature indicator. I press the climate control and it says can not use climate control unless the car is started. (The car is running). No switch or button associated with the climate control work, and the interior blower does not work. Also surprisingly when this fault is on, the wing mirror position adjusters don’t work, they won’t retract, the rear screen demister does not work, and the heated seats don’t work.
After approximately a mile, all of a sudden everything starts working again, more often than not, the outside temperature still does not indicate. But then again sometimes it does come on.
Going to the dealer tomorrow will let you know the outcome

#4 ·
Hello all, I have a very similar problem with my 2.2 EX; no temp reading, all blower switches dead, rear demister dead.

I had assumed it couldn't be the relay since the problem affects the various different things, but this thread suggests otherwise, so any further advice gratefully received! I'm assuming the relay mentioned would be the one in the engine bay fusebox? Thanks

#6 ·
Absolutely brilliant. Fuse 36 solved it. Someone knocked off my wing mirror the other day whilst I was parked at the roadside. Insurance will sort that, but shortly after the accident the following stopped working: climate control, aircon, heated screen and mirror controls. I thought I'd be in for a dispute with the insurance as it must be related to the accident but difficult to prove.

To remove what was left of the mirror to prevent damage to the paintwork from it flapping around, I had to cut the electric cable. My guess is two of the ends must have touched. (I didn't have any tape with me)

This thread had saved me a lot of hassle.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.