2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

The wait is over for me... its finally arrived!

Red 
4K views 20 replies 10 participants last post by  FWH 
#1 · (Edited)
Picked her up today! Very happy with it! Have gone from a Smart Fortwo to this (both company cars but I was able to choose this one!)

Managed to get in 100miles for the first journey. Followed Pottsy's advice (thanks Pottsy) on warming her up with a nice 10min drive and then did my best with the mototune method to bed in the piston rings. Drove from Bognor Regis to Camberley (just south of London)... the long way round! Going to work on the A roads tomorrow... means an early start but worth it to avoid the motorways constant speed = low gas pressure on those rings!!

Now that I have a clutch again (Smart car was a lame auto), any tips from other Civic diesel drivers? Best revs/speeds for economy etc. Obviously I'll work all that out on my own but would be nice to get a heads up. Stalled it twice today! :oops: but don't tell anyone! [smilie=cheeky-grin:

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Cheers Brodick, I thought about NHB but my boss wanted it to stand out! Getting company graphics on it soon, but should be quite cool, I was allowed input on this one... will post pics when branded up!;)

#8 ·
Nice one TTdegs, I checked out that thread... any particular reason you picked that thread?.... champ!? [smilie=tongue.gif]
Thanks for the pointer, should've looked a bit harder. I'll have a go at your record when I've got a few more thousand miles on the engine! On my warm up and bedding in session yesterday I averaged 34.5mpg over 100miles but clearly alot of acceleration/decelleration and a new engine of course... I have 'high' hopes for my mpg in the future!:D

And thanks... ante00... you too mate...

#10 ·
Purely from a mental point of view, when cruising I like to have the cruise control showing a 7 not a 6 at the beginning, the best MPG I have found is somewhere around 73 - 75 (as displayed, so around 70 actual), below that I think it struggles up hills a little. Although if you fancy being Mr Slow A**e the best figures are at about 55 - 60mph, once averaged over 60mpg on a trip to your neck o the woods from Oxford, it was v v foggy so 60 was fast enough.

Will keep an eye out for you in Camberley our Head Office is there, Alfa Laval, I get down there every few weeks.

#14 ·
Will keep an eye out for you in Camberley our Head Office is there, Alfa Laval, I get down there every few weeks.
A bit off topic, but a friend of mine worked in Research and Development at Alfa Laval in Tullinge, just outside of Huddinge, Stockholm. He got crushed by a stacker truck about 5 years ago and so ended up taking early retirement. He now drives a bus around stockholm.
The Alfa Laval Research farms around that area are amazing to see.

#11 ·
Nice car indeed !

Use your cruise control as much as possible, Avoid heavy foot, and roll on ;-)

#12 ·
Thanks for the info guys...

I dont have cruise control but have now been out on the motorway for a couple of short journeys. I def agree with the suggestion of avoiding a heavy foot, I am very supprised at how little pressure you actually need to apply to the throttle to keep a steady speed (on the flat of course). Compared to my previous 700cc petrol Smart this Honda engine is a true marvel! I look forward to it really running in over the next 5-10,000. Doing around 65-70 in 6th with a light foot was producing promising figures. Got her up to 40mpg avg now, and still on my first tank of fuel, so thats including the running in! The Eco lights game is fun (sad I know!)

Richierich, got my Civinfo sticker in the post yesterday, will fit it on the weekend, then I'll be visible! Will keep an eye out for you too mate!

#13 ·
New wheels!

Picked up a nice set of 17's, never seen them anywhere before. They are official Honda (stamped on inside of spokes) and have some nice Honda centre caps too. 5x114 et50 7J. I was thinking maybe theyre from an Accord? Anyone know?
Photoshoped pic of what they'll look like on the car as Ive not got tyres yet!:D

Attachments

#15 ·
Picked up a nice set of 17's, never seen them anywhere before. They are official Honda (stamped on inside of spokes) and have some nice Honda centre caps too. 5x114 et50 7J. I was thinking maybe theyre from an Accord? Anyone know?
Photoshoped pic of what they'll look like on the car as Ive not got tyres yet!:D
Very nice wheels, I haven't seen a Honda with those on before (That I can remember at least!). Its good to be different, just make sure the offset and PCD are the same and you'll be looking good and flying high!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.