LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 28th February 2011, 22:47 Thread Starter
Administrator

Car: Jag XF 3.0
Thanked 2,773 Times in 824 Posts
Eco display
Send a message via Skype™ to Pottsy
I can't post, even though I am registered

This thread deals with the situation where you cannot post or view pictures, if you try to then you just get a page saying you do not have permission.

1. If you have recently registered

The site sends you an email when you register, and you have to click on the link in the email in order to activate the account. The odds are you haven't done this. Have a look for the email (it might be in your junk mail folder) and click on the link.

If a few days have elapsed, then the link in the email won't work. You need a new email, when you can get by clicking here:

Civinfo - Email Activation Codes

2. If you have posted before, and suddenly you can't.

If you have recently changed your email address:

When you change your email address you are locked out until you have clicked on the link in the email sent to your new address. Again have a look in your junk mail, and if the email is old or you can't find it, click here to get a new one:

If you have an invalid email address and your account has been locked:

This happens if your email address is invalid. Firstly you need to enter a valid email address:

Click to edit your email address

When you change your email address you are locked out until you have clicked on the link in the email sent to your new address. Again have a look in your junk mail, and if the email is old or you can't find it, click here to get a new one:

If all else fails either PM me or use the "Contact us" link at the bottom of the page.
Thank You to Pottsy from 3 Users:

Civinfo > Welcome > Site suggestions, feedback and rules > Basic tutorials

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in