Parking Sensors - Civinfo
 34Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 225 (permalink) Old 26th March 2017, 22:40 Thread Starter

Car: 2017 SR CVT
Parking Sensors

2 days after delivery I still have not been able to make my parking sensors work on my new Civic SR. The switch light just flashes and there is an error symbol on the dash screen.

Will have to return it to dealers unless anyone has any answers.
gray52 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 225 (permalink) Old 27th March 2017, 01:12

Quote:
Originally Posted by electric View Post
2 days after delivery I still have not been able to make my parking sensors work on my new Civic SR. The switch light just flashes and there is an error symbol on the dash screen.

Will have to return it to dealers unless anyone has any answers.
Hello, browsing in the forum i found that 9G have same problems.
So you can look in: civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations-9g/267890-parking-sensors.html

and civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations-9g/346922-parking-sensors.html before to came back from the dealer.

I hope this informations can be the cloue.
Please tell us something about.

Thanks.

Regards

Ps.: Sorry if i can't use links, i'm unable because i'm a "newbbie"
Kremmen and nturnb like this.
post #3 of 225 (permalink) Old 27th March 2017, 15:48

Hello, browsing in the forum, i found that 9thG had same problems.

Before come back from dealers, see that:

civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations-9g/267890-parking-sensors.html

or

civinfo.com/forum/bugs-faults-irritations-9g/116108-parking-sensors.html

Tell us if this is the clue.

Best regards.

Ps.: Sorry that i can't use links, i'm a "newbbie"

post #4 of 225 (permalink) Old 29th March 2017, 01:04

Car: 2012 1.8 5 door,White Orchid
Parking Sensors

Not related to the problem that the OP has experienced but I found that with the 10G, on the sedan at least, if there has been rain on the bonnet (and it has stopped raining) the car intermittently warns of a front obstacle (when there is not one) either when stopped at traffic light or moving forward at very slow speed. I think the water droplets "catch" onto the parking sensor edges and cause a false alert on the Information display. With the 8G and 9G and its short stubby front bonnet,
parking is a breeze, sensors are not required. However, I found the 10G a more traditional long upright bonnet (like a Euro Accord) and during parking I couldn't judge the distances as well. In this case, front sensors are handy and can be disabled at the start of each journey if you find them annoying.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Vti07; 29th March 2017 at 01:10.
post #5 of 225 (permalink) Old 29th March 2017, 20:14
Supporter

Car: 10G SLASH CTR, rallye red
Garage
Are that really the ultrasonic sensors warning in that condition? I don't think a water droplet on the ultrasonic sensors will be enough to make it go wrong.

Radar is reflected very well by water, so in wet conditions radar has trouble. As you mention low speeds I was thinking of the city-low-speed-anti-collision-people-crossing-the-roads radar thingy.

I'm working for a level sensor company so I have some insights into distance measurements, but of course I can be wrong.
nturnb likes this.
post #6 of 225 (permalink) Old 30th March 2017, 12:15

Parking Sensors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsenal View Post
Are that really the ultrasonic sensors warning in that condition? I don't think a water droplet on the ultrasonic sensors will be enough to make it go wrong.

Radar is reflected very well by water, so in wet conditions radar has trouble. As you mention low speeds I was thinking of the city-low-speed-anti-collision-people-crossing-the-roads radar thingy.

I'm working for a level sensor company so I have some insights into distance measurements, but of course I can be wrong.

The 10G sedan I drove as a service loaner had that annoying trait, it had built in ultrasonic front/back parking sensors.
No radar was on the car I drove as full Honda Sensing (radar etc) is reserved for the model which is 2 variants higher.
Unsure why, but maybe it's to do with the sensors style on the 10G, they are a compact flush fit style (has a small ring indent in the bumper) whereas the sensors on my particular 9G were the older style proud fit type (mine were fitted by the dealer as an accessory) so water wouldn't collect on them? I wonder if applying wax (and then polishing) where the sensors are would make the problem better or worse?

Last edited by Vti07; 30th March 2017 at 12:24.
post #7 of 225 (permalink) Old 30th March 2017, 21:57
Supporter

Car: 10G SLASH CTR, rallye red
Garage
Hmm that is rather strange then. I could imagine the gap filling up and that may affect the sensors - still shouldn't happen.

Applying wax, I'd guess it'll get better as the water is more likely to get off the sensor.
post #8 of 225 (permalink) Old 29th April 2017, 22:42 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2017 SR CVT
My sensors are not working full stop. When switch on I get an (i) warning light on the dashboard. The garage will be replacing the faulty sensor at the same time as my car is calibrated on May 10th. Oh for a return to the good old days when cars were reliable.
post #9 of 225 (permalink) Old 30th April 2017, 02:43

Parking Sensors

Do they have "lemon laws" in the UK like they do in the US? If so, you should see if you can get your car swapped with a new one. These types of issues really spoil the ownership experience. Hope you get your car sorted out soon.

I'm aiming to upgrade to a 10G hatch sometime next year but am quite apprehensive now due to the reliability and build issues reported so far. Our 10G hatches are built in Thailand as an alternative (cheaper) supply source to sell in Australia, New Zealand and Thailand. For example, our Thai Prestige hatch works out to retail about £5000 cheaper than the UK one.

Thailand hasn't built a Civic hatch since the 7th generation IIRC but they've continually built sedans during that time. It would not be unreasonable to expect that overall Thai build and reliability to be inferior to that of the UK hatches, at least initially.

From personal experience, my early build Thai 8G Civic sedan was a rattle trap from day one, also the whole dashboard would pop and creak as you drove over a speed hump (traffic calming device). It also had to have its entire auto transmission replaced due to a loud mechanical banging sound whenever I reversed. This sound was so loud you could hear it up to 30 metres away. My 2012 9G UK hatch on the other hand has been a revelation, no squeaks, rattles, buzzes or reliability issues.

As to the old days, cars were simpler but not necessarily more reliable (electrically). Considering with what has been happening with your car, maybe you should change your screen name to "Lucas Electric" as in Prince of Darkness....

Last edited by Vti07; 30th April 2017 at 03:52.
post #10 of 225 (permalink) Old 19th May 2017, 17:19

Just picked up the new car today, and have sensor problems. Driving all the way around the car park it beeped "warning approaching object". At speed it's no problem, but the constant high-pitched beep is annoying. I took the car back and they couldn't find any fault - unfortunately, it wasn't doing it at the time.

It was raining heavily when I picked up the car, and drier now. It has occurred less now, but has happened at least once, so I don't think it's just about rain.

Not entirely happy with it
post #11 of 225 (permalink) Old 21st May 2017, 19:22

Hi, I've had a theory about the parking sensor warning problem a couple of us have been seeing. I've posted a separate thread so that it doesn't hijack this one, but I'd appreciate as many answers from 10G owners as possible, particularly if you don't have the problem.

Thanks!

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/bugs-fa...**-please.html
post #12 of 225 (permalink) Old 2nd June 2017, 14:14
DJK

Car: 1.5 Turbo Sport 2017
Hi
I did experience the fault after driving in heavy rain. Quick wipe of the sensors did the trick. So far no further problem, but we haven't had a lot of rain of late.
post #13 of 225 (permalink) Old 7th June 2017, 20:59

Car: 2017 Civic Sport Rallye Red
Garage
so my centre front sensors have been going crazy last couple of days. Fine when dry, go crazy when the are wet. Its as if the water running off the bonnet is setting them off. Anyone got them sorted yet?
post #14 of 225 (permalink) Old 7th June 2017, 21:14

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick90 View Post
so my centre front sensors have been going crazy last couple of days. Fine when dry, go crazy when the are wet. Its as if the water running off the bonnet is setting them off. Anyone got them sorted yet?
Mine have been fine for a while now, although it's raining at the moment. All I can suggest is that as many people ask to register it as a fault with Honda, so they may look into it.
post #15 of 225 (permalink) Old 26th June 2017, 12:07

Parking Sensors

Had my 9G in for service today and was chatting to the service dealer about any issues with the 10G (as a 10G could
be my next car). Incidentally he mentioned that a small number of cars (sedans) had overly sensitive ultrasonic sensors. Apparently Honda had replaced the sensors on the affected vehicles with new (improved) sensors. However, I'm in Australia when our 10G sedan and hatch are sourced from Thailand, so not sure if the fix is available in the UK. Hope this helps those affected.

Last edited by Vti07; 26th June 2017 at 12:11.
post #16 of 225 (permalink) Old 17th August 2017, 14:20

Car: 2017 Smart Plus Polished Met
I have the same problem with my sensors. I have a one month old 10th Civic. When its very wet (I think its connected to wet) the front sensor (back/sides are fine) beeps and flashes RED when stopped or at slow speeds. Its very annoying. I know you can turn off the sensors but they should work properly. I intend contacting the dealer but the problem is it only happens sometimes which makes it hard to explain.
post #17 of 225 (permalink) Old 7th September 2017, 22:27

I have the same problem with my front sensor, going off at no particular reason in the dry and in the wet. It's very annoying.
My dealers is ordering 2 new sensors so I am just waiting on them to be fitted. Hopefully this should solve the problem.
post #18 of 225 (permalink) Old 7th September 2017, 23:01

Mine came back last week (the day after rain) but has gone away again now. I'm guessing it's water in the system somewhere, maybe to do with the angle of rain? It seems very random...
post #19 of 225 (permalink) Old 14th September 2017, 19:40

Car: 2017 Civic Sport Rallye Red
Garage
switched mine on again the other day. They went mental, nothing in front of the car but sensors showing red...
post #20 of 225 (permalink) Old 16th October 2017, 21:06

I have just had the 2 front sensors replaced and they are still going off for no reason. Red warning object approaching when there is nothing in front of the car.

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Bugs, faults and irritations (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in