Yesterday morning ... - Civinfo
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By Steve_m

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 7th June 2017, 21:19 Thread Starter

Yesterday morning ...

... it took about five minutes for the console to boot up. The centre console had a plain Honda logo for a couple of minute, then took time loading maps. Finally, it had completely forgotten where the car had been left, and thought it was in London somewhere. It had also lost all its settings (e.g. showing maps in 3D, not north-up).

Do you think this was a crash? Or could there have been an update? Has anyone else had similar problems?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2210.jpg (61.1 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2211.jpg (53.9 KB, 38 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2212.jpg (70.7 KB, 35 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 8th June 2017, 21:18
Supporter

Car: 2015 CTR FK2
Garage
the 9g connect unit did that to some owners. it needed a dealer-only update to fix the issue.
assuming it is the same as the 9g, then your first guess is correct; the unit crashed and reset itself.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 9th June 2017, 04:49
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
I wonder if early builds still had the older firmware that caused the 9G issue.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 9th June 2017, 09:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Mine is:

DBOOT: 1.10_20161129023023
System Loader: 1.F193.75
System μCom: H62F00 72.13.0B

Does anyone know if Honda publishes the current version numbers anywhere? There's no point asking for an update until one is available ... Ta.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 9th June 2017, 11:57
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
steve_m probably knows
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 10th June 2017, 08:25

Car: 2019 Civic 5D 1.5 Sport+
As per the Honda Connect FAQ:

Q: Why does the display sometimes take over a minute to be ready to use (I see a 2D design H symbol during this time)?
A: The unit normally takes just a few seconds to become ready from ignition ON but sometimes a full reboot is performed. Under these circumstances it will display a 2D design H symbol, prior to the usual 3D design H symbol, and this can take approximately one minute before normal operation is resumed.

All Apps have been reset and are restarted when used, so when restarting navigation, it will go to the GPS sensor to get its initial position fix, default location is one in central London for some reason.
Kremmen and eagerv like this.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 10th June 2017, 18:54 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_m View Post
As per the Honda Connect FAQ:

Q: Why does the display sometimes take over a minute to be ready to use (I see a 2D design H symbol during this time)?
A: The unit normally takes just a few seconds to become ready from ignition ON but sometimes a full reboot is performed. Under these circumstances it will display a 2D design H symbol, prior to the usual 3D design H symbol, and this can take approximately one minute before normal operation is resumed.

All Apps have been reset and are restarted when used, so when restarting navigation, it will go to the GPS sensor to get its initial position fix, default location is one in central London for some reason.
Thanks, useful to know, but really annoying - I wonder what the circumstances are which require a full reboot. I hope it doesn't happen too often.

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Bugs, faults and irritations (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page