Brake Hold - Stop / Start ... - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 24th November 2017, 08:29 Thread Starter
Supporter

Car: 10G Civic Prestige
Angry Brake Hold - Stop / Start ...

Don't get me wrong, I really like this car .....

I love using the brake hold - very convenient - but ....
Parking up in the same car park, slight gentle slope, 'my space' - not allocated, just habit, is behind a colleague's car who comes in earlier - usual Asda, Morrisons affair - 2 longitudinal, side-by-side parking.
Being at the end, alongside the typically British square kerbing, I swing around, but ensure the back won't 'kerb' - no problems here, no worries!!

Not being straight, I swing the left mirror down to see how close / far away I am to establish being as close as possible, roll back, and ... in the time it takes to declutch, effectively a double declutch to be gentle on first gear selection, I stop the roll, brake hold engages, and as I'm starting to engage 1st gear, the stop / start STOPS, then decides it should restart again!!

To stop within 1 second of being in neutral is a bit too fast I reckon - should wait perhaps 3".
I KNOW THERE'S AN OVERRIDE AND I DO USE IT AT TIMES, but it's not the point ... another IRRITATION!!

At least I'm learning what happens and what to avoid - disengage stop / start when parking up is another now!!
Al.

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Bugs, faults and irritations (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page