2018 Civic random niggles - Civinfo
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Ron240

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 13th May 2018, 12:14 Thread Starter

Car: 2018 Sport
2018 Civic random niggles

Loving my new blue Civic, which is now just over 8 weeks in my possession, but I must say, it's disappointing how many niggles it has. I'd expected better from Honda. I'm glad I paid for the five year extended warranty and service plan.

- air con whistle. This does my nut. I see a few others are dealing with this too. No other car I've had, including a previous 8th gen i-CTDi and 7th gen 1.6 VTEC has had this problem.

- once, the alarm went off randomly and wouldn't stop. In the end I had to disconnect the battery. When you do this, the alarm continues (it apparently has its own battery backup). When the battery is reconnected again it seems to reset it. If you find yourself in this situation, you'll get a lot of alerts the first time you start the car on the dash. These will clear after the car has been driven a short distance (in my case, only a few metres).

- Yesterday, on starting the car the dash bleeped incessantly about the collision detection and ACC being disabled. I restarted the car and the alarms cleared. This doesn't inspire confidence.

- (edits) a few days after I got it, the car popped up with a tyre deflation warning, very scary. Stopped car, checked tyres, all fine (although one was actually in an overinflated state!).

- I don't appear to have a jack for changing the wheel - is this normal ? Just the tyre repair gunk and a pump.

- most worryingly of all, there seems to be a buildup of moisture underneath the polystyrene block in what would be the spare wheel well in the rear. Not puddles, just beads of collected condensation.

Has anyone else seen the issue with the condensation ? In general, are Honda anywhere close to acknowledging these problems and/or has anyone had joy getting their dealership to solve ?

Last edited by belfastcivic79; 13th May 2018 at 12:17.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 13th May 2018, 12:24
Administrator

Thanked 1,708 Times in 1,431 Posts
Sadly the 10G does seem to be attracting more than its fair share of niggles going by the posts here.
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 13th May 2018, 21:25
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by belfastcivic79 View Post
I don't appear to have a jack for changing the wheel - is this normal ? Just the tyre repair gunk and a pump.
Unfortunately this is true. The tools required to change a wheel are supplied with the optional accessory space saver wheel.
Its a poor show by Honda IMO, because my understanding of the best way to use tyre sealant is to first jack the wheel up before inserting it then slowly rotate the wheel to make sure the sealant finds the hole, then put air in the tyre before lowering it down again.
You cannot do this if you do not have a jack.

Thankfully I already own a trolley jack and torque wrench, but I still had to buy the correct size socket to fit my wheel nuts.
Kremmen likes this.

Last edited by Ron240; 13th May 2018 at 21:27.

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Bugs, faults and irritations (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page