Rattle from sunroof - Page 3 - Civinfo
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 45 (permalink) Old 17th June 2019, 21:00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malcoa View Post
Sunroof and roof lining rattles on cars with sun roofs is a known issue for Honda. Two problems: The roof lining itself has a reinforcing strip that surrounds the aperture for blind, fixed to the lining with glue. The glue wasn't very good and let go allowing the whole lot to vibrate noisily. The fix is a replacement updated rooflining, i.e. one with modified glue! As for the glass sunroof seal, the solution is a thorough clean and treatment with silicon grease. The creaking which is hugely irritating, is caused by stiction between the seal and the body paint.
Where have you gained this knowledge, or is it your opinion? When you say known issue, as in it's just a Honda thing we're expected to live with, or known issue with possible fixes?

The hugely irritating creaking is by design then from what you're saying with no solution, or none yet?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 45 (permalink) Old 20th June 2019, 17:21

Right I've got my Civic back and once again I can confirm the sunroof is not rattling at present.

I have opened it and had a look at the new seals that have been installed, I cannot tell which seals have been replaced, but there's a lot of grease been applied all over the place around the surround of the sun roof.

I wish I could be more hopeful that this is the last time, and that the problem is fixed once and for all. Fingers crossed!
post #43 of 45 (permalink) Old 24th June 2019, 14:04

Have just received my car back after leaving it with the dealer to investigate 2 different sunroof rattles. One, a buzzing type rattle right above my head - usually only on poorer grade tarmac, the other is a proper 'something is loose' rattle which occurs over rough road etc when the roof is open fully. The result of their 3 days investigating is that they can identify 'numerous' rattles from my sunroof and want it back for a whole week to take the roof lining out and possible the whole sunroof. Fingers cross this will not be an ongoing saga.

Also having teh modified grill for teh parkign sensor issue fitted when its back with them.

bonus of the My Honda app is that I cna see they did take it out on a reasonable test drive on 2 separate occasions

post #44 of 45 (permalink) Old 25th June 2019, 12:30

The buzzing above your head I'm sure is a cable run which sits on the headliner and vibrates. I fixed mine using a 2 inch square piece of furniture foam as the main dealer just didn’t acknowledge it. The head liner comes off easily to be able to do this, but as your dealer has acknowledged, let them do it!

My rattle and the more general '10G Honda Civic Roof Rattle' mentioned on various forums I think only happens when the roof is closed so yours would be something different perhaps.

Hopefully it is not an ongoing saga, as it with many of us.
post #45 of 45 (permalink) Old 8th July 2019, 20:01

Car: 2015 5d 1.6 i-DTEC
Eco display Eco display
Hi,

I am just wondering if any of the affected cars are sedans? By looking at your car details most are hatchback and rest I cannot be sure.

Thanks

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Bugs, faults and irritations (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in