Front wipers on auto not activiating almost at all - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th August 2019, 09:16 Thread Starter

Car: 2015 5d 1.6 i-DTEC
Eco display Eco display
Front wipers on auto not activiating almost at all

Hi All,

My wipers will just happily do nothing while I cannot see a thing. Ok, I am over exaggerating but they really do not activate until most of the wind shield is wet and the visibility is very poor. Also on heavy downpour they will go midspeed at maximum and would not go to max speed.

In 9g the system was much better calibrated.

I do not mind the behaviour in the heavy rain that much but in light rain conditions they are border line not working. I have to activate them manually almost each time (by adjusting intensity on the thingy). And then on other occasions the rain is gone but they will keep pumping like there is no tomorrow.

I have seen the other tread about wipers going wild. I think I have seen it once or twice after the rain is gone but the slow start is every rain day problem. Anybody has same issues? Any way to adjust it?

I do not use any wax on the windscreen.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th August 2019, 10:43

Car: 2017 1.5T Sport +
Garage
Same here, they're pretty unreliable. They do their job just fine 50% of the time.
My dealer is going to replace the sensor in the windshield but I have no date yet. They need a special calibration tool and it's not available all the time.
Thanks to ikbenben from:
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th August 2019, 17:12 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Eco display Eco display
I will give mine a bit more time to be absolutely sure there is a problem and if there is I will have to speak to the dealer. Yet one another thing on the list.

Thanks for letting me know about your experience.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 14th August 2019, 20:23
Supporter

Car: 2019 1L EX+Tech Pack P/Metal
Garage
Mine are fine if you set the speed thingy to where the twisting bit aligns with the rest of the stalk. It sometimes needs a bit of adjustment by one click.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 23rd August 2019, 08:48

the rain sensor is useless (much like most of the car to be fair), give me back my variable speed adjuster not a stalk with 4 hopeless settings!
I have noticed though once your on the motorway it seems to catchup with itself and work. so if you want to zip around town at 70mph it should work fine

Last edited by muddy9mtb; 23rd August 2019 at 08:50. Reason: comments added
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 23rd August 2019, 14:42 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Eco display Eco display
Also another observation.

On my 9G auto sensing was working this way that with the rise of the speed at which I was traveling the speed of wipers was also rising which worked really well.

My 10G does not do seem to alter the speed of wipers at all (with the increase of speed of driving). I think I read in manual that 10g also is supposed to have this feature but mine certainly does not.
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 28th August 2019, 17:37

Car: 2018 1.5T CVT Prestige
Garage
I've never found auto sensing wipers that great on any car I've driven, I just treat the 'auto' as switching them 'on', then just adjust the sensitivity to get some sort of desirable wiping speed.

My 8G was similar to my 10G. Ford's, Suzuki's, Audi's have been pretty similar too in my experience.

The most irritating thing with automatic wipers is if you leave them on and a drop of water, or sap, whatever hits the sensor area - the wipers come on and your otherwise bone dry windscreen gets smears across it!

Last edited by stoo; 29th August 2019 at 16:46.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 29th August 2019, 08:06

yep, or worse the screens frozen and the it rips the wipers clean off! there should a buzzer for that?

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Bugs, faults and irritations (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page