Security alarm going off - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 31st August 2019, 16:48 Thread Starter

Car: 2019 Honda Civic EX Sedan
Exclamation Security alarm going off

Hi i just bought a brand new civic 2019 3 months ago and have had the below problem from then.

I wash the car by myself most of the time using a pressure gun and every time i wash it, the next day, the security alarm randomly goes off when i park it at my office car park. This only happens the day after i wash my car. Usually i wash it during the evening hours on Sunday and park in in my garage at home which is simply a roof over the car (not covered from all the sides). The alarm does not go off during the night time unlike what others have experienced according to all the other threads i have read.

This only happens the day after i wash the car. Itís really annoying and hope anyone over here could help me out?

I did read that the bonnet switch maybe an issue and got it checked but they said that its working fine. Also, if the bonnet switch is faulty, it should show as the bonnet is open when the car is being driven too right? That does not happen in mine.

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 1st September 2019, 14:27
azc

Car: 2018 1.5 S-Design (CVT)
Have you tried switchiwmg off the interior sensor after washing to see if it still goes off. Mine went off once or twice and turned out to be a spider crawling over the sensor.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 5th September 2019, 14:00 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Car: 2019 Honda Civic EX Sedan
I am currently checking it with the interior sensor off. Haven’t gone off so far but it has been raining all these days so haven’t had the chance to park the car in a dry or sunny place after washing. Will keep you posted on it.

I did however check if it was any insect or something on the sensor but didn’t find any as such.

When washing the car do you spray water in between the bonnet and the windshield where the air intake vents are?

Civinfo > 10th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2017 - ) > Bugs, faults and irritations (10G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page