2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Leather Seats

2K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  stoo 
#1 ·
Picked up a 2017 EX recently.

The drivers seat looks like this. Like it when I got it, is this something Honda should look at?

Does the leather wear badly?

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
That circle where your left butt cheek would sit looks like the fabric has been stressed by someone kneeling on the seat (or from a bony left buttock!).

I doubt you'll get any recourse from a dealer as it'll be flagged as wear/tear or miss use if it's from someone kneeling on it.

Fabric and heated seat elements in modern seats mean the seats should just be sat on, not knelt or stood on.

#5 ·
Hi,

How many miles has it done ?

It depends how it’s been looked after and the size and weight of the person using it.

Mines done 16,000 ish now and the Seat looks like new, but it’s only me and I take care getting in and out and don’t put my knees on the seat.

If you’ve only just got it, I’d express your disappointment with the seat and see if you can get something done under warranty or see if they will do an exchange from another vehicle.

It’s worth asking, especially if your in the period where you can reject the whole car, they may be more sympathetic to your requests if they know you may reject it.

Kindest Regards
Darren

#6 ·
It has 12,500 on the clock.

I assumed the previous owner might have been on the larger side. The heating works so no damage to that system as far as I can tell.

It's supportive to sit in, I just worry about longevity.

I bought from another manufacturer which comes with a warranty as well as the original Honda one.

#7 ·
Mine doesn't look like that. That looks like it's had a lot more 'use' than 12,500 miles, or a very large person sitting in it during its previous ownership perhaps?

I've just passed 12k in mine and the seat 'pads' are still tight visually and to the touch. They look stretched slightly on yours.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.