2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

rusty roof warranty service bulletin

Paint 
42K views 97 replies 61 participants last post by  Vyse 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
hey guys

now what with all the grief people have been having with getting there roof rust sorted under warranty whether it be because honda uk are taking ages to get back to the dealer or that bond uk are claiming they no nothing about this. i have the holy grail that will help everybody get there roof fixed without any problems.

only today i traveled to my nearest approved body repair centre to be told it will be fixed with no problems and without contacting honda uk.

the bulletin even claims that honda are not to touch the roof rust unless the owner/buyer mentions it! and that in some instances it can be fixed without contacting honda uk at all

i hope this helps guys and if it does please get in touch to let me know

feel free to print this off and use at your disposal

the service bulletin is as follows:

page 1

page 2

page 3

See less See more
#32 ·
Does anyone know where I would stand, I had water leaking in at the front interior light, checked the roof and it looks like it's starting to rust although I haven't removed the seals to check fully.
I have full service history but only part honda and I bought it privately..
59 plate CTR by the way
Thanks guys

#35 ·
Mine is a 58 plate (I think the warranty period would end on the 22nd of this month), took it in to Hendy in Southampton, service guy was very positive, thinks it shouldn't be a problem and started a warranty claim. Just waiting to hear back about when it'll get fixed.

#38 ·
Warranty wouldn't cover mine but Honda dealer paid for it to be done for me as my thread on the other rusty roof thread States.

#40 ·
Mines also being done by Honda Shrewsbury. Dropped it off yesterday.

Reactions: Farqui
#41 ·
Picked the car up today and they have done a fantastic Job :)

Reactions: Farqui
#42 ·
I'm taking my car in on Friday to be assessed for a claim.

Just looked in my service booklet and it showed the first 4 services were done by a honda dealer.

Despite that none of the corrosion stamps are there.

I am now worried they will reject my claim.

Anyone else had this and been ok ?

#46 ·
Just wondering with those that have had this work done under warranty…*When showing your service history record was it all Honda stamps or a mix of Honda and independent garages? Also, what was the process? Did you email Honda first or just go into your local Honda dealer?

#47 ·
I'm still waiting for a decision as I only submitted yesterday but I called honda UK first, got a reference number and then called my local honda dealer and made an appointment. My car has all honda dealer servicing except the the last one which was done by the dealer i bought the car from.

#51 ·
Hi All,

I have recently bought a 2007 type r, it has full honda history and 2 owners from new.

Unfortunately it suffers from the rusty roof! It's not as bad as some I saw but it is bubbling.

I spoke to the local honda dealership who have serviced the car for the previous owner, they won't cover it due to it being more than 6 years old. They opened a case with honda UK and I haven't heard anything for a few weeks now.

Am I likely to get my roof sorted my Honda UK?!

Many thanks.
Oli

#53 ·
It's not covered under the corrosion warranty as it's the rubber seal that's at fault which is covered under the 3 years warranty that they extended to another 3 years. Saying this my civic is 8 years old and not full dealer history and they are going to fix it!! ?

#55 ·
Well my roof was done last month and a great job was done.

But today I find the seal going across the roof is missing.

Called honda who have ordered a new one and its being fitted by a mobile windscreen fitter on Monday.

If you have had yours done recently keep an eye out in case it happens to you lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.