2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

rusty roof warranty service bulletin

Paint 
42K views 97 replies 61 participants last post by  Vyse 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
hey guys

now what with all the grief people have been having with getting there roof rust sorted under warranty whether it be because honda uk are taking ages to get back to the dealer or that bond uk are claiming they no nothing about this. i have the holy grail that will help everybody get there roof fixed without any problems.

only today i traveled to my nearest approved body repair centre to be told it will be fixed with no problems and without contacting honda uk.

the bulletin even claims that honda are not to touch the roof rust unless the owner/buyer mentions it! and that in some instances it can be fixed without contacting honda uk at all

i hope this helps guys and if it does please get in touch to let me know

feel free to print this off and use at your disposal

the service bulletin is as follows:

page 1

page 2

page 3

See less See more
#8 ·
They offered me a goodwill gesture of £200 plus VAT for being out of warranty currently in the stage of writing to Honda UK direct to get this resolved as if i'd known about this bulletin when i bought the car, i would of been able to get it done for free, the fact that they won't recall the cars until the customer complains to me is naughty and not how to treat your customers. Shall let you know how i get on!

#9 ·
Id just like to say this isnt a "got honda by the balls" fix as rick stated it is still all about being in warranty but yes you could get lucky but this bulletin will certainly stop them from saying its not a warranty fix, they dont know about it or even if my case they dont even need to wait for Honda UK's response its only in serious circumstances that they need to contact HQ this is stated on page 2

#10 ·
"Annual corrosion inspection must be verified for this repair" page 3. Does this mean that in my case, my car( 59 plate) will not be covered because it has only 2 honda stamps, and another by a performance garage?

#11 ·
Not at all the first service on my car was by and independant garage and then the two after that were honda stamps the guy didnt even care about the service book but i made him take a picture just in case and as stated in the bulletin even if the had found corrosion they wont mention it until you do

#14 ·
Can anyone clairfy this for me. I have just bought a NHB FN2 and it seams to have this problem with the roof. It is an 07 plate but all the services done previously were by Honda and I have the car check logs which should have pulled this issue up shouldn't they?

Whats my chances of having this done under warranty?

#15 ·
I checked my car and noticed some corrosion last year. (Type-R 2008)

I contacted my Honda dealer and they took a picture of it and send it to Honda Sweden main office.

Just 2 weeks later they called and said that they will fix my car for no charge what so ever.

And that was when i have had my car for 5 years.

#17 ·
This is an interesting read.

I have owned my Fk3 for a month or so and noticed a the corrosion starting, isnt to bad just now. What would people recommend that i do? The car is on a 56 plate.

Would it be worth taking it to a Honda dealer and getting them to look at it? As reading the above it is outside the warranty period.

#21 ·
A big thanks to Civinfo and fellow members.
I only bought this car three weeks ago and would never have checked this.
My new car, well new to me, is affected but looks like it's just starting.
I took it to Honda Phoenix in Linwood and they looked up the computer then asked if I bought the car from them.
I said no I bought it second hand from Lexus but this does not matter as it's a known Honda fault and a recall.
He asked if I could give him the handbook and hang around for 30 mins which turned into about two hours.
He then came back and said they would pass the details on to Honda and be in touch within the next couple of days.
I asked what would happen next but he would not commit he just said that they would be instructed by Honda.
I asked tongue in cheek how long the repair would take and he stated a few days.
I asked if I would receive a courtesy car and he said yes.
I was armed with the Honda recall info which I had printed out, but did not have to use it.
I am now waiting for them to get back to me.
I'll keep everyone posted.
Kind Regards
Supergunn.

#22 ·
Hi Guys ,
Honda Phoenix called me today with the good news that Honda had approved my repair.
My car is booked in 3rd November and they say they will have it for at least 3 days.
They are supplying a courtesy car.
I'll let you know how the repair goes
Kind Regards
Supergunn.

#24 · (Edited)
i have no servie or hand books (bought as insurance cat c with engine flood damage)where would i stand with this in relation to getting this sorted on 2008 fn2 its in very early stage at the min

#25 ·
Stupid question, but my much loved 58 plate has developed the rusty roof :-( It was actually registered in January 2009 though, so is my 6 years warranty still in place for another 2 months? Gonna be ringing the dealer and/or Honda UK on Monday armed with some evidence from here and seeing what happens!

#26 ·
Rusty roof recall

Hi Guys,
My car went into Honda Phoenix on the 3rd Nov and I was called on the 4th Nov to collect the car Job done new seal and complete roof respray.
My insurance company wanted £40 to insure me for courtesy car said it was additional.
Guy at Honda said he'd do it for £5 a day and supplied a brand new Mitsubishi Mirage charged me £10 when I picked up my car.
Good repair and excellent service at Phoenix Honda Paisley.

#27 ·
I emailed Honda UK on Sunday, got a call from them on Monday afternoon. Guy said need to take it to Honda Dealer for them to see and photograph etc, but confirmed it is covered under the extended 3 years until Jan 2015 and there wouldn't be any problems, but if there were any problems with the dealer, to get them to call him directly. Just popped into local dealer (ALM @ Macclesfield). Unfortunately the after sales guy isn't in until tomorrow, but the service guy said to take it back tomorrow and he explained the process (he has seen a couple come through the dealership with the issue). Sounds OK so far and hopefully by raising a complaint with Honda UK first and I've got a complaint reference number, I've got them onside. Fingers crossed!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.