2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Heavy cracking (driver door opening/closing)

Squeaks 
1K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  eGORKAuk 
#1 ·
Recently opening the drivers door I noticed like a creaking noise. I just thought it needed oiling... that I'd get around to it.

But it's gotten worse, two cracking/crunching noises for every entry/exit. The car has saw very little use of anything, 18k on the clock.

#5 ·
Sounds more like the door check mate

Reactions: Boris_Yeltsin
#6 · (Edited)
Luck shined on me because I just looked on the floormat and one of the bloody bolts from the door check was lying in it (instead of some carpark).

Problem solved but I'm baffled over how that thing got loose?? Starting to wonder if the previous owner had the door off, but it was owned by someone from Honda themselves for about 10k + bought from Honda.

#7 ·
I've got same issue now. Only happened today, first time. Once you open your door, it sounds like you are breaking the bearing. I tried to oil the hinge, but that didn't help. I've also noticed that it's missing one of the bolts. There supposed to be 2 of them, but I only have 1. Would that be an issue?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.