2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

air con drain location pic?

AC/Heater 
54K views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  ChampagneSilver 
#1 ·
Hi,
does anyone have a picture of where the air con drain is in the engine bay?
i've taken the airbox out and cant see it.
trying to diagnose a water leak coming down the left hand side of the passenger footwell. doing my nut in.
thanks
Paul

#3 ·
Hi thanks for the reply.
There has been lots of talk on here though about making sure the drain is fitted correctly when people talk about footwell leaks.
i've had all that off around the scuttle and refitted it. all seems nice and tight fitted.
dont think its the pollen filter as the water is originating on the left of the footwell, not the center.
when i test with the hose it doesnt leak, but when it rains it does....hhhhmmmm
cheers
Paul

#5 ·
#9 · (Edited)
Same problem with the water leaking in the passenger foot well.

Started looking for the ac drain exit under the car. Here it is:

The tube runs inside the car and is attached under the condenser

(green arrow points to the ac draintube and red arrow points to the pollenfilter)

The drain doesn't seems to be blocked.
I put some air through the drain with a compressor. Hope this helps.

Tried to open the compressor housing but that could not open it. I removed all the screw's I could find.
This is the part of the compressor that is really getting wet.

#13 ·
Just as it sounds . It exchanges heat in air and cools it then loses this heat via the refrigerant pumped through the aircon rad in the nose.

It should naturally get wet hence the drain but clearly the water is not going where it is meant to. I haven't had a look but is there a blocked Gulley etc where the water gets off the condenser to the drain pipe

#15 ·
Sorry - stupid question lol

I found the drain tube under the heat exchanger and it looks to be connected ok from inside the car. Tried to access from under but couldnt get access to the tube.

After leaving the car on for some time with AC there was obviously some water coming out so dont think its blocked. The pollen filter was pretty dirty do you think this would be enough to cause water build up under the filter?

I have bought a new one so will see how that goes

#20 ·
Sorry to be thick here but is the drain beneath the heat exchanger or the pollen filter
I can't seem to locate it, my car seems to be slightly different to the pic's, the back of the pollen filter housing is hard against the floor carpet and the center console side panels cover the heat exchanger part of the matrix.
2.2 CDTi 5 door hatchback.
Just chaanged the pollen filter and about an inch of water came out!
Didn't see a drain hole from inside the housing but is hard to get your head down there!
Mike

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.