2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Check your alarm, does it work ?

Check your alarm system

Electrics 
185K views 713 replies 196 participants last post by  Northern Soul 
#1 ·
Could not find this one in the search, but I was looking on CTRO site and saw a Thread on alarms not working. So as you do I checked mine and guess what……. Yep not a peep :mad: . The indicators flash but no siren and the sensors in the car don’t seem to work either !!! Cant believe I have had my car for a few months with no alarm, and probably no bloody immobiliser…:mad::mad::mad:…. Check yours

#353 ·
Right, got my Civic back on Saturday after visit number 5.
Honda had the car for 5 days and think they've solved the problem this time.

They THINK the problem in my case was a loose connection on the fuse multiplexor, and all they've done is re-crimp the connections.

I'm skeptical, but it's still working after three days.

I asked if Honda have a reference number for the solution which others with the same problem could quote. Apparently they don't.
I'd hope it's documented somewhere - it sounds like Honda technical drip-fed my dealer with instructions - hence the 5 days.

Hope this helps others.

#357 ·
Right, got my Civic back on Saturday after visit number 5.
Honda had the car for 5 days and think they've solved the problem this time.

They THINK the problem in my case was a loose connection on the fuse multiplexor, and all they've done is re-crimp the connections.

I'm skeptical, but it's still working after three days.

I asked if Honda have a reference number for the solution which others with the same problem could quote. Apparently they don't.
I'd hope it's documented somewhere - it sounds like Honda technical drip-fed my dealer with instructions - hence the 5 days.

Hope this helps others.
I had the same problem with my car, a loose connection like yours!

#355 ·
so, i did as instructed. pressed the alarm once (for the alarm to be activated) then again for the deadloacks to engage .... however, still no alarm.

I sat inside the car after using the key to unlock the door - indicator lights & headlights started flashing but no alarm?

Am I going mad??

#356 ·
so, i did as instructed. pressed the alarm once (for the alarm to be activated) then again for the deadloacks to engage .... however, still no alarm.

I sat inside the car after using the key to unlock the door - indicator lights & headlights started flashing but no alarm?

Am I going mad??
No your not [smilie=graytard.gi: it's not working - get it back to the dealer ASAP

#358 ·
That's the conclusion they came up with after visit # 3 . in the end they replaced the control unit, can't believe they are still pratting around !!!! Come on HUK get a grip and get bullitens out to all the dealerships or this will end up on BBC Watch dog !!!

#361 · (Edited)
Dear Gents & Ladies.

I have just had the misfortune of leaving my cars alarm system to be seen to.

Generally, the dealer was trying to help - I guess the service manager or whatever his title is, is a complete *EDIT by DR*. He actually said 'we haven't time to look at it now' in quite an abrupt manner - plus the fact he never looked me in the eye when he was talking to me demonstrates how high 'customer satisfaction' is on their list of prioroties.

I have left the car with them, I have politely asked them to check the alarm system & I will request a full demo of the alarm working (& I want to hear the alarm!!) when I pick the car up. Surely, i'm not asking for a pint of blood nor am I asking they donate one of their livers for a good cause.

If you kind people have any other suggestions; please throw them my way.

Also, I will be changing dealers. I'm in Leeds. If anyone on the forums can reccommend a dealer to me in or around Leeds - thank you.

*EDIT BY DR* - Please do not try to work around the swear filter. Forum Rules, point 1.

#363 ·
Hi boring.com,

My alarm was faulty, just like yours. I took it down to the dealer straight away, without even booking it in.

I advised them that my insurance was void if the alarm wasnt working.

I also advised them that they had missold me the car. As the brochure cleary states, that the car comes with an alarm. And mine didnt have one. (the manager replyed "well it does ,but it doesnt work"). I replyed, well thats just as good as not having one!!!!!

I advised that if the car was not fixed today, then they will have to provide a courtsey car for the duration, and they would have to secure the car.
If the car was stolen whist in their hands then, obviously i would be claiming on their insurance.

The Manager agreed, and took the car straight in. I printed some off the other compliants about the alarm of this website, for ammo.

The manager was very good and called Honda. Honda advised that it was a software fault, and the alarm system needed to be reset.

The Dealer, took the battrey out. removed the alarm cables, and left it unplugged for 20 mins, then hey presto, it all worked.

That was about 2 weeks ago. It works like a charm now no problem, and I check it every day. I did have to wait in the dealer for 5 hours, but it was worth it in the end. The manager was excellent, and very understanding.

#366 ·
Hi,
I was just reading through this and it worried me into checking my alarm.
Picked up my '58 CTR today - asked the dealer about the alarm issue (I read it here last night) and was told they were not aware of any issues.
Anyway, he forgot to prove it worked for me (and I forgot to remind him to be fair).

I just checked it this minute and it works. Also, it seems to be a siren rather than the horn (as some have reported).

Has anybody else had the issue on a '58 plate?

Given what I have read checking the alarm may become part of the weekly maintenance checks I intend to perform!

#369 ·
My wife has just told me that our alarm is very effective :D

She took the car today to go to a wedding. She parked the car under a conker tree ( whatever the true name is I have no idea) and seeing that it was a catholic wedding there was a mass during the service. A conker fell onto the car and set the car alarm off. And it true women style the car keys were in the bottom of her bag and it took ages for her to find them. The car alarm was loud, played different tunes and everyone heard it :D

#376 ·
Got my car July and checked alarm following joining this site - it worked!!

Just tested it again now - it doesn't work!!

Lights flash but no siren, car booked in for next Fri 10th. Dealer said its not a known fault and there is no bulletin for it.

#377 · (Edited)
Cheers Tomo !!!! you have just prompted me to check mine gain , and guess what ??? NO SIREN !!!!!!!!!

ITS JUST WORTH NOTING THAT THOSE OF US THAT HAVE HAD ALARM FAULTS AND HAD THEM "FIXED" RECENTLY SHOULD CHECK ITS STILL WORKING.
AS TOMO POINTED OUT I WAS PROMPTED BY HIS POST TO CHECK MINE AGAIN.SAME FAULT AS BEFORE !!!!

PLEASE CHECK YOURS AGAIN

#380 ·
Update..................
Dealer says " We are baffled !!" They have put a call into HUK and are awaiting a reply. Their diagnostics are saying that there seems to have been a break in power ( Disconected battery ?? ) If you disconect the battery aparaently the whole sytem needs re-setting ??
So its working after a master reset and I,m waiting for a cure

#381 ·
Update..................
Dealer says " We are baffled !!" They have put a call into HUK and are awaiting a reply. Their diagnostics are saying that there seems to have been a break in power ( Disconected battery ?? ) If you disconect the battery aparaently the whole sytem needs re-setting ??
So its working after a master reset and I,m waiting for a cure
May be a loose connection, thats what I had on mine. Its OK now!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.