2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Check your alarm, does it work ?

Check your alarm system

Electrics 
185K views 713 replies 196 participants last post by  Northern Soul 
#1 ·
Could not find this one in the search, but I was looking on CTRO site and saw a Thread on alarms not working. So as you do I checked mine and guess what……. Yep not a peep :mad: . The indicators flash but no siren and the sensors in the car don’t seem to work either !!! Cant believe I have had my car for a few months with no alarm, and probably no bloody immobiliser…:mad::mad::mad:…. Check yours

#110 ·
Been away and only just got round to checking my car and guess what no alarm :(

I opened the window and locked the car with remote...... leaned in through the window and nothing happened. Not even flashing indicators.
I did notice however that there is a red light flashing on the dash. I presume this is to tell you that the alarm is armed?

I even locked my daughter inside the car and told her to move around....still nothing

I've had the car for 6 months completely ignorant of the fact that i had no alarm.
Very annoying........

Although as theft prevention devices alarms are generally useless as no one takes any notice!

#112 ·
I think maybe one of the dealers/Honda reps from this site should clarify exactly what type of alarm is fitted to what model. I notice that many of us have different experiences as to what happens when (and if) the alarm goes off. I think that some of you are being overly paranoid and don't actually have the alarm system that you think you have (and rightly so if it is not part of the model spec). Only certain models have the motion sensors, not all. :stupido2: :VroumVroum01:

#113 ·
Well, according to my '08' 5 door brochure (includes Tango Orange so must be recent):
The SE and SPORT have a 'Perimeter security alarm', and the ES and EX have an 'Interior and perimeter alarm (CAT1)' as standard.

My previous brochure (02/07) states exactly the same as the above.

I take 'alarm' to mean it has a siren, and 'interior' to mean it has ultrasonic sensors near the rear view mirror.

In my case, neither seem to work.

#114 ·
Has anyone whose alarms do not work have a copy of the PDI sheet for their car. Do they state the siren has to be activated?

I know for a fact that in my SE the alarm uses the car horn.

Memory serves that to be a CAT 1 alarm, it needs to have battery backup incase someone cuts the Battery cable. This may need an extra (hidden) siren.

Perhaps part of the PDI in the UK is to turn on the siren as some markets may not have it activated.

#116 ·
08 model SE 2.2 - Alarm works fine. It's just the horn and the indicators so I assume the SE has no siren as there is no interior sensors.

Just to make sure we are doing this test right - the manual says that the alarm will not go on if the doors are unlocked with the key fob or the key itself. To test it, I got into the car and set the alarm, waited for the LED to flash slower (about 10 secs) and then opened the door by manually unlocking it from the inside. Worked fine.

#118 ·
Smarty

Sit in your car,double lock the car using the plipper, and wait for the red light to flash.

Then open the bonnet using the release handle.

Three things should then happen

1) The indicators should flash

2) The horn will sound

3) Anyone around will think you are mad:p

Reactions: Smarty
#127 ·
Although I put yes it hurt my ears, it didn't, it just made a noise, this is another crap part of the car................. it is the weakest alarm I've ever heard, unlikely to frighten off all but the timmedest of burglars.

Tom

#130 ·
Thanks. I've also complained and placed a link to this website and issue, lets hope that Honda is named and shamed. Its not good enough as these days an alarm is so important due to the scum out there. I have owned cars with alarms for years, and they have never gone wrong after 9 months, thats if they were installed correctly in the first place! What crap do Honda fit?

#133 ·
Alarm works.

Indicators flashing + horn going berserk.

No actual "siren" (as in no "wiiiii wiiiiii wiiiii wiiiii" sound) though and it is an EX. Belgium has different spec alarm?

#135 ·
Ok hear goes, picked up car today at 5.45pm, looked at my new Mugen decals on the side skirts, one was bend and damaged :mad: :mad:! Complained very loud, they offered me a full tank of petrol …:eek: Next asked them to show me the alarm working, they couldn’t, flashing lights no sound :mad: :mad:……….oooooooooooops :rolleyes: I said to the guy who sold me the car ( the service manager had done a dusty). Anyway 15 mins later and still tring to make the car go “wooo wooo wooo wooo” A sales man comes over. Set the alarm, waited 30 – 45 seconds, until the Alarm light in the car blinked very slowly, put the key in the door, twist and “ woooo woooo woooo” the siren when off :eek: :D! Did the ultra sonic test as I described in this thread and “Wooooo Woooo wooooo” :eek: :D. Praise be, it works….. now for that full tank of petrol ;)

Oh and only the CTR has a siren, maybe the type S... other that have the alarm fitted are a horn.

#141 ·
Just got a call from my stealer..............................."Your car is ready sir " What was the problem ? " a loose connection sir "

Come to your own conclusions , I will check it works when I pick it up tonight !!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.