2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Check your alarm, does it work ?

Check your alarm system

Electrics 
185K views 713 replies 196 participants last post by  Northern Soul 
#1 ·
Could not find this one in the search, but I was looking on CTRO site and saw a Thread on alarms not working. So as you do I checked mine and guess what……. Yep not a peep :mad: . The indicators flash but no siren and the sensors in the car don’t seem to work either !!! Cant believe I have had my car for a few months with no alarm, and probably no bloody immobiliser…:mad::mad::mad:…. Check yours

#249 ·
Well mine has been in to the dealers today and had its siren replaced. Since I've got back home I've tried the test with me sitting still in the car for a minute and then waving my arms in the air and the siren is heard :)

Hopefully its a permanent fix!
Exactly the same with mine.
Siren replaced two weeks ago, 'waving arms' test sounded the siren.

This morning I had to park in a dodgy trading estate in Leicester.
Before I left the car I tried the 'waving arms' test - nothing!
Even scratched the ultrasonic sensors with my nails - nothing!
Unlocked the door through the open window - flashing hazards, NO SIREN!
(In hindsight, perhaps I shouldn't have demonstrated the lack of alarm to the lowlife of Leicester hiding in the bushes!)

Car goes back again on Friday.
Dealer still sounded surprised about alarm fault...WITH A SILENT ALARM I RIDE!

#228 ·
Mines going in today for a couple of days, the dealer tells me that mines a wiring fault in the fuse box? They tested the alarm and sensers and they are apparently fine, apart from it tripping somewhere??? Lets hope that they know what they are doing, I dont want to get the car back with different problems!

#229 ·
Just because it works when you pick it up keeping checking , it usaully takes another few days for it to malfunction again. As said its not resolved but HUK are serioulsly looking into the problem.

#230 ·
I now have a brand new Jazz loan car to drive around in, what a difference! Its automatic too so its gutless! Better than walking I suppose!
Lets hope that they fix my car, the woman behind the counter told me that they were going to call Honda and enquire about the alarm fault, even though they told me it was the fuse box???

#234 ·
Just found this @

thatcham.org | Security | Security Categories

The Thatcham Vehicle Security Categories

Category 1
Passenger Cars, LCV, HGV, Plant, Motorcycles
ELECTRONIC ALARM AND IMMOBILISER

• Alarm
    Perimeter detection
    Ignition detection
    Passenger compartment movement detection
    Inclination detection (Motorcycle only)
    Audible warning with battery back-up power supply *
  • Immobiliser
    Passively set
    Isolates a minimum of two operating circuits or systems, or a minimum of one operationally relevant vehicle control unit with coded intervention
* Now, does the mean the regular battery, that often fails, or a separate one?

......if a separate one how is it checked or serviced?

"Outside of the killings,
Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the U.S.A.!"

#238 ·
2.2 EX

When doing the sensor test (internal) I sat in the drivers seat, locked the doors with the remote and then sat still for 30 secs. After much arm waving.....nothing!

Have I done that correctly?

The other test was stand outside and lock the car with the remote (window down) and then try unlocking the door with my arm through the window. indicators flashing and I think a siren (don't remember now if it was the horn) Anyhow, that seems ok.

Help please, before I get into the dealers ribs!

Only picked it up Wednesday!!! :mad:

#244 ·
I've now got my car back and the alarm is now working, it was a loose connection on the control box. I had to take the car back after getting half way home as the electric windows would nt work in Auto mode. The dealer had to reset this, now its fine, must of been when they were messing around with the fuse box. The dash display was also set to the lowest setting, I thought that that was broken too! I also noticed that the battery was runned down too as the display was clear in the indicater window showing it needed charging. Lets see how long that lasts for this time?

#246 · (Edited)
Its now been over a week and no replacement 3rd control Box !!! Rang them a twice this week and no returned calls. Just rang them again and the explaination is .............. none in stock and they they are still trying to cover up the fact that there is no problem and its the first they have heard of this. Come on HUK get a grip and sort your dealers OUT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#247 ·
I tried mine only to get indicators flashing and no noise. Worried about it all day at work, then tried again and the siren worked fine.

I noticed that if I tried to enter the car too soon after setting the alarm then nothing happens, wait a while though and all seems fine

#250 ·
There is now plenty of information about fixing this fault for dealers at Honda Technical. It should be a simple thing to fix. Get your dealer to download the help files and digest BEFORE you arrive with the car........

As I've said previously, mine was fixed in less than two hours with no parts required.

#251 ·
Just had mine fixed for the second time.

It looks like the instructions to Honda dealers are just to do a Ctl-Alt-Del - disconnect the battery for a few seconds - until they can identify what's causing the alarm system to get confused.

Mine's now working again, but not sure for how long.

#252 ·
Help needed for the alarm system

Mine only activates when I try to unlock the door with the key and when i leave the windoew open and try to unlock it from inside. I did the hands wave test to check the ultrasonic sensors but nothing appears to be work. So how can I do a proper check to check the whole system?

#253 ·
Mine only activates when I try to unlock the door with the key and when i leave the windoew open and try to unlock it from inside. I did the hands wave test to check the ultrasonic sensors but nothing appears to be work. So how can I do a proper check to check the whole system?
IMHO it sounds like yours is working.
Does your model in Cyprus have ultrasonic sensors installed? It may just be the plastic panel with nothing behind.

#255 ·
Actually mine doesn't work. Even when yoy unock with the keys the alarm activates, no siren is heard so I suppose i have the same problem as the others. Mine is a Uk model EX I don't thing they make different model for cyprus market.

#256 ·
Very interesting. Sounds exactly the same as my problem.
If you're confident enough try disconnecting the battery for a few seconds, then reconnect.

Honda tell me it's currently the only way they know of reseting the alarm.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.