2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Check your alarm, does it work ?

Check your alarm system

Electrics 
185K views 713 replies 196 participants last post by  Northern Soul 
#1 ·
Could not find this one in the search, but I was looking on CTRO site and saw a Thread on alarms not working. So as you do I checked mine and guess what……. Yep not a peep :mad: . The indicators flash but no siren and the sensors in the car don’t seem to work either !!! Cant believe I have had my car for a few months with no alarm, and probably no bloody immobiliser…:mad::mad::mad:…. Check yours

#271 ·
Before I check mine what does the Type-s ( non GT model) have in terms of alarm. More to the point how does it differ from the Type-s GT if at all. Mines is a March 07 model btw.

I have noticed it lock itself from time to time if i have not entered soon after pressing unlock door button but cant find out exactly when it will do this and under what circumstances.

#289 ·
Before this post I sat in the car and tried to set it off by moving about after 1min. Nothing. I locked the car using dead lock and could not set it off as could not open the door. Tried turning on the lights to no avail, Then locked the car without the second push to activate the dead lock and off the alarm when when I opened the door. Just when I was starting to think another visit home was due!

#280 ·
I know mine works: I left my girlfriend in the car when I popped in a shop and accidentally (force of habit) locked the car. When I came out I wondered why the alarm was going off then realised what I'd done. She wasn't happy - oops :oops:

Btw it's an 07 type s gt

#281 ·
Did the same thing, 2am at a motorway service station in France a couple of weeks ago, locked my son in the car accidentally while I went for a jimmy, woke up all the others that were trying to sleep in their cars!! :oops:

Cheers,

Bob...

#288 ·
I've got into the habit of testing my alarm twice a week as I've got no faith in it.

Guess What... It's stopped working for the 4th time. This fix lasted under two weeks.

Visit number 5 beckoning - Honda reliability, my arse!

#293 ·
After resetting mine on the dealer (showed to them how to do it) my alarm is working but I have a question. I can hear only a siren that if I am sleeping near of the car I might not listen it. Is that only the siren that will sound or the horn also?

#295 ·
Hi, just checked my civic's alarm system. I've got the 2008 1.8 civic sport, being for the french market its specced slightly different from the UK's. The alarm works ok (don't have the ultrasonic thingy, just perimetric alarms). And its just the horn and lights, no siren on mine.

Cheers.

#296 ·
PS. It really did hurt the ears (tested it in an underground parking). It would appear that using the horn for the alarm system is a much better option than having a weak @$$ siren IMHO

#297 ·
4 days after the fix (new fuse box) mine is still working........ so fingers crossed.

Interestingly since it was done i now find that my sat nav changes to nightime mode and the dashlights dim automatically when the headlights are switched on.

Previously i had to change the sat nav manually when driving in the dark

#301 ·
4 days after the fix (new fuse box) mine is still working........ so fingers crossed.

Interestingly since it was done i now find that my sat nav changes to nightime mode and the dashlights dim automatically when the headlights are switched on.

Previously i had to change the sat nav manually when driving in the dark
Removing the fuse box may have just reset the manually adjustable lights on / lights off settings on the knob behind the steering wheel.

#299 ·
Hello, my 2006 Civic 1.8 ishift has the usual alarm problems but Honda UK have been unable to find a fix for it. The indicators flash but there is no sound. I understand that they've changed most of the alarm parts too. I've been without my car for 6 weeks now and would really like it back. Does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do?

#303 ·
My alarm also wasn't working, took it back to dealers and they said they'd never had this before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.