2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

All paint issues - tv airtime?

Paint 
63K views 112 replies 69 participants last post by  stoo 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi All,

PLEASE READ THSI CAREFULLY AND ONLY POST ACCORDING TO THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW:

I have put up with some automobile problems in my time, but this paint issue is really getting on my nerves.

MY NHB CTR is looking very spotty and white only on the bonnett and wings. From previous posts I can see other people have the same issue. I believe that we have contacted watchdog, but no airtime has been established as of yet.

I live in Wales and we have a similar welsh program called "the Ferrett" which deals with welsh customer compliants. The people behind the program do seem to gain results when customers pose their problems.

I will be contacting them about the paint issue, and would like to have a back log of evidence before I present the issue.

SO PLEASE: If you have a problem with the paint chiping and HAVNT had a resolve from HONDA or your DEALER, please post a brief description, and Post a Photo of the affected area.

This will ensure I have an unedited issue log. This is not just for those Owners who are in Wales, but as it is a Welsh based program the more Welsh that add to this post the more likely we are to appear on the program, and gain their support to achieve a resolve.

Thanks all.

PLEASE COULD YOU ONLY POST YOUR PAINT PROBLEM WITH PICTURE ONLY!!!!!!

Discussion on this thread can be found HERE

See less See more
#100 ·
Well just to bring you up to day for anyone who's still interested. After much arguing and contact with Honda UK, my local dealership contacted me & reinvited me to have a meeting with the dealer principal.
More inspections lead to a more paint tests and the short story was that this wangled on until about Late September 2010. Eventually the dealership offered to respray the bonnet, wings & bumper for £150. The bill came to £300 so we went halfers.
In typical fashion it was late being completed, turned up dirty. They took it away to wash it an brought it back wet. After a shami I finally inspected the cat after being there 1.5hours. The work did seem to a good quality and has survived the harsh winter so far.
Although not the victory I had hoped for I admitted defeat as I had beam consumed with the matter and it was becoming a real hinderence. It was starting to get me down.
Anyways for £150 bucks and a Honda paint guarantee I am happy that the work has been done and for a reasonable price.
I can now get back to enjoying my car.
Hope you all have better success in this matter.

#102 ·
HUK BAd

Hi Did you get chance to go to The ferret,? as this really is a large problem,I can't belive it buit a post further back had the same prob as me with the roof rack...Bloody night mare honda you have lost ther plot.I have suported Honda for nearly 20 years 3 s2000,4 Acords,and the last two cars which i would like to point out were built here in the UK have been so bad both the 2.2 and now the 2010 Type R have both had paint issues and the clutch and the interior rattle the rear surspesion noisy,been on to HUK and spoke with Jo yes sir no sir etc we are very close to a fix they have know since 2006 how long can it take.....very dissatified customer Im keeping My S2000 but the type R is going,Audi gains new customer thanks HUK.....for nothing but grif.Oh and a car i can't sell private...

#105 ·
Ok I have a new issue with the paint. :(

The roof along the windscreen rubber is starting to bubble badly. As far as I can see this has to be a warranty issue as the car is just coming up to 4 years old. And it's not just a little bit of bubbles, it runs pretty much the length of the windscreen and the rubber is starting to show the first signs of orange.

How should I approach this with the dealer? When I first approached them at my first service they completely ignored the fact the paint is weak and looked to pin the blame on me (as see you've got a single stone chip on your windscreen so you should expect 2million more on your bonnet within 6 months, etc., etc.)

Is there anyway they can pin the blame on me for this to wangle out of what should clearly be a paintwork warranty job?

#107 ·
It was never done.

Didn't even know about that one. What details have you got on it?

#109 ·
Does anyone have details of the windscreen seal/rubber recall?

Un-amazingly when I enter my VIN number I'm informed my car is perfect and there are no outstanding issues.

Except crap paint and a now rusting roof. :(

#111 ·
My Civic 2007 Diesel EX, complained about the rust along the roof seal on the windscreen 2 days ago, autherised and all getting repaired FOC under corrosion warranty. They need the car for a week, maybe longer!!!

This is not a paintwork issue, this should be covered under the corrosion policy, the rust is coming from under the rubber seal and spreading onto the roof. It is a manufacturing fault. Seems like the edges are not properly coated and water is getting under the window seal.

Below is from the Honda web page:

Structural Corrosion Warranty 12 Years
Honda warrants that the Honda car specified on your Warranty Certificate is free from corrosion from the inside to the outside of body panels for the period of 12 years unlimited mileage from the “Warranty Start Date” as specified on your Warranty Certificate.

During this period Honda will rectify, free of charge, any such defects found on the car, subject to the Warranty conditions in your service book.

#112 ·
I have a crystal black 2009MY and the paint work is crap!! covered in stone chip , swirls and horrible marring.

#113 ·
I had a 2011 Civic which had 'a few chips' on the bonnet in nearly 6 years of ownership.

What I have done since the second one happened during my ownership is 'back off' when driving behind any vehicle - especially lorries. Since my behavioural change I've not really noticed any at all.

I have a chip on the bonnet of my 2018 Civic, since owning on the roof. It happened when I was keeping my distance behind a lorry on the A34, but still it happens.

I don't think it's the paint being the issue, certainly in my cases. Are these owners just tailgating excessively?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.