2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Improvements for the next model year

HUK 
92K views 256 replies 118 participants last post by  Bog 
#1 ·
Not faults, but irritations that would be nice fixed for the next MY:

AUX in
The Jazz has somewhere for your mp3 player - why not the Civic?

Manual dash brightness
A light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness would be nice.

Window off switch
Should leave the windows controllable by the driver.

Windows up with key fob button press
Just like the VAG cars.

Electric mirrors
Option to have them move in and out with the door locks.

Bassworks
Should be adjustable by the owner.

Any others?

See less See more
#3 ·
Auto Lights On
Lights to come on when the Wipers are in auto mode after 4/5 wipes.

Quick Indicate extended
Extend to 4/5 flashes, 3 flashes too short to change lane properly

Door Super Locks
One press of fob to Super Lock doors, second press not to set alarm so windows can be stay open (for pets)

Auto Lock Doors

Doors to lock when you drive away (Mini)

Front Airbag

Switchable front airbag if you need child in front (My Pug has a key hole that can only be turned with the car key)

#6 ·
Kpow99 said:
Auto Lights On
Lights to come on when the Wipers are in auto mode after 4/5 wipes.

Quick Indicate extended
Extend to 4/5 flashes, 3 flashes too short to change lane properly

Door Super Locks
One press of fob to Super Lock doors, second press not to set alarm so windows can be stay open (for pets)

Auto Lock Doors

Doors to lock when you drive away (Mini)

Front Airbag

Switchable front airbag if you need child in front (My Pug has a key hole that can only be turned with the car key)
Why do you want the doors to lock - do you expect to get carjacked?

#7 ·
Mate, I live in London and the number of people I know who have had stuff taken from back seat etc while at traffic lights is remarkable. Not so long ago a lady was carjacked 500 yards from my house, and I live in a posh (I like to think so) part of Epsom Downs. Don't joke, it's a good idea, BMW thinks so. :wink:

That reminds me, just off to Tooting now so next years model.......bullet proof windows :shock:

#8 ·
Kpow99 said:
Mate, I live in London and the number of people I know who have had stuff taken from back seat etc while at traffic lights is remarkable. Not so long ago a lady was carjacked 500 yards from my house, and I live in a posh (I like to think so) part of Epsom Downs. Don't joke, it's a good idea, BMW thinks so. :wink:

That reminds me, just off to Tooting now so next years model.......bullet proof windows :shock:
Erk!

#11 ·
I'd like to have the display screen from an EX available without the need for Sat Nav. The LCD one isn't a great when you can only see the first twenty or so characters of a track (without pressing buttons). It would also allow for a rear camera.

#12 ·
Couple of things I think Honda could learn from my old Alfa 147:

Electronics "active" for a few seconds after turning off the ignition
Lots of functions remain active for a few seconds (30?) after removing the key, so you can pull up windows, open the boot, switch the stereo back on (which stays on, so you can run off with the keys but keep the wife happy with a bit of Robbie Williams 'til you get back), etc. In particular, I'd love the retracting wingmirrors on my EX to continue retracting after I've shut down... it's only a couple of seonds, but it's annoying. This feature also allows the Alfa to offer...

"See you home" headights
Headlights turn off when you turn the ignition off, but pulling the light stalk towards you (ie flash full-beam) brings them back on temporarily, for 30 seconds per pull. Great for letting me see my way from my driveway to my door without treading on all the snails that lurk out there...

--Rich

#16 ·
Mark996 said:
NON ROTATIONAL GEAR KNOB!!!!

How about a gear knob that doesn't need tightening up, post sale! :roll:

Mark - just keep turning it till it's tight! It won't break (he says....)

Give it a go today, while the weather is so poor (worst morning I've seen in Faro in ages - what's going on?)

#21 ·
Better speakers as standard:- They're OK, but could be alot better

Seats that won't magnetically attract every bit of fluff and hair from great distances

#22 ·
new key fob one like volkswagen

locking the stereo so annoyingfriends dont mess with it

#24 ·
Mark996 said:
:p :p It was a dodgy start to the day, but now there ain't a cloud in the sky!!!

My car reckons that it's 28 degrees outside - 16 inside naturally!!! 8) 8) 8)

I wonder how accurate that outside temp reading is??? :? :?
It can be calibrated through the settings on the display if you have something to compare it to :wink:

#25 ·
Mark996 said:
:p :p It was a dodgy start to the day, but now there ain't a cloud in the sky!!!

My car reckons that it's 28 degrees outside - 16 inside naturally!!! 8) 8) 8)

I wonder how accurate that outside temp reading is??? :? :?
how do you get the inside temp? all i can see is what I want it to be; but I don't have the satnav screen.

And I was wondering the same, but I went to a shopping centre and outside they had the temperature displayed and it was spot on to the civic.

#26 ·
Bungle said:
Seats that won't magnetically attract every bit of fluff and hair from great distances
You are missing the point, its a time saving device, you are going out for the evening, no longer do you have to hunt for the sticky roller thing, you just put your clothes on and by the time you get to the restaurant/pub you are lint free. :lol:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.