2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Improvements for the next model year

HUK 
92K views 256 replies 118 participants last post by  Bog 
#1 ·
Not faults, but irritations that would be nice fixed for the next MY:

AUX in
The Jazz has somewhere for your mp3 player - why not the Civic?

Manual dash brightness
A light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness would be nice.

Window off switch
Should leave the windows controllable by the driver.

Windows up with key fob button press
Just like the VAG cars.

Electric mirrors
Option to have them move in and out with the door locks.

Bassworks
Should be adjustable by the owner.

Any others?

See less See more
#125 ·
The table and figures are just my notes. The numbers are just the number of times mentioned in this thread, and are meant to be a very rough indication only.

My plan is to make a new survey. Each item in that list will be a question (thought the wording will be nicer) and the possible responses will be something like:

• Not as good as standard.
  • A small improvement on std, but I'm not paying any more for it.
  • A very significant improvement on std, but I'm not paying any more for it.
  • So good, I'd accept a small increase in cost.
  • I'd pay good money for this.
  • Don't care, this doesn't affect me.

#136 ·
i would love to see honda take on some of these points, some surely would be cheap so they may as well

#152 ·
Noticed the same thing on first motorway drive-I did find it possible to fine tune the mirrors to cover the L/H blind spot but there wasn't much in it

Interestingly,on motorways but not noticed it on other roads,glancing in the rear view mirror, I found the horizontal bar across the rear window slightly tiring as my eyes focus on the vehicle behind,but are also confronted by the bar at a completely different distance.

#157 ·
I'm surprised by some of the responses.

5. The dashboard plastic should be scratch resistant.

Don't care.- 13
2.75%
Not an improvement.- 10
2.11%
A slight improvement, but not worth paying for.- 45
9.51%
A major improvement, but not worth paying for.- 187
39.53%
A major improvement, I'd accept a small increase in cost.- 162
34.25%
I would pay good money for this.- 56
11.84%
Total Answers- 473

I don't see how anyone can say this is not an improvement ? I put the Don't Care's down to the CTR owners that already have it.

A few other 'not an improvement' surprised me like better suspension. I read that as not a quality issue as such but just a request for more supple suspension.

#163 ·
ok fair point but the civic has lower grade plastic alloy than even a Punto sporting . It just makes the car feel so cheap ! My mk1 type R was so much better in build, this model is a step back in engineering (Rear suspension) , it is less than the sum of it's parts unlike the previous model .Just wish I had had an extended test drive !

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.