2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Improvements for the next model year

HUK 
92K views 256 replies 118 participants last post by  Bog 
#1 ·
Not faults, but irritations that would be nice fixed for the next MY:

AUX in
The Jazz has somewhere for your mp3 player - why not the Civic?

Manual dash brightness
A light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness would be nice.

Window off switch
Should leave the windows controllable by the driver.

Windows up with key fob button press
Just like the VAG cars.

Electric mirrors
Option to have them move in and out with the door locks.

Bassworks
Should be adjustable by the owner.

Any others?

See less See more
#167 ·
All good ideas Honcho agree with most of them
but get your cheque book out add a grand at least to the price of the car

Part of them problem with the current car is that they have had to cut costs in the build so it compete's with the Focus, Astra, Golf etc

#172 ·
Improvements

On the EX model, how about improving the way the heater direction is displayed? It can only be seen if the nav / audio screen is turned on

Only realised this the other day, had the car 6 months now... suppose I should have read the manual :)

LJ

#174 ·
Bi-xsenon will be nice, aux out on the audio console is needed for sure, because civic (at least)coupe will be (in the most percent) driven by younger population, so aux out on audio deck will be nice refreshment for new buyers. Maybe rear Type R spoiler on Type S will be nice also.

#175 ·
What I'd like to see

Some thoughts after 18k miles (and I'll try not to repeat my suggestions from earlier).

1. If headlights are set in auto make sure they come on for a minimum time (e.g. 2 mins). I've seen several near misses where the lights come on momentarily and other drivers think they're being flashed. That's why I don't use "auto" on my Civic.

2. Better range of seat adjustment.

3. Move the fuel gauge to where the "Rev" lights are (as per the Hybrid)

4. Move the handbrake lever to the same position as on the Hybrid.

5. Make the spare wheel standard fit.

#176 ·
Door Locks

Not faults, but irritations that would be nice fixed for the next MY:

AUX in
The Jazz has somewhere for your mp3 player - why not the Civic?

Manual dash brightness
A light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness would be nice.

Window off switch
Should leave the windows controllable by the driver.

Windows up with key fob button press
Just like the VAG cars.

Electric mirrors
Option to have them move in and out with the door locks.

Bassworks
Should be adjustable by the owner.

Any others?
Jump to this link to activate your automatic door locks.
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/how/308-how-activate-automatic-door-locks-10mph-06-models-only.html

#178 ·
I want everything to be perfect and of the quality of a Bently, the performance of a Porsche. I want to be made to feel special and cared about by a multinational corporation based in Japan with 168,000 employees who sell cars by the bucket load all over the world and most of all I want it in any colour other than the ones that are available and I want it for £17,000.

FFS !:deal:

#179 ·
Much much more better dashboard materials and plastic

Bassworks more powerfull (or much better standard audio sys which comes in SPORT pack) and lil' bit cheapper so it's worth

Air flow direction for rear passengers under front seats

Bi-xenon which are standard on most competiotion models

Thats for now what i noticed after ~ 37 000 km for one and half year :)

chears :p

#180 ·
Well for what its worth (rumor) the civ is getting a facelift in october. They are doing away with the shiney silver front and replacing it with a grill like the type r, but the grill will be seperaed into two parts. Not seen any of the other plans yet!

#181 ·
suspension

Don't change the suspension!

I am happy with the ride and handling as it is, I don't need independant rear suspension taking up valuble boot space....

I like the way I can get all of my stuff, my missus stuff and my daughters into the boot whithout using a roof-box when going on hols :)

When do we realy get chance to tear up the roads now anyway? may as well coast along and let folks admire your ride!

LJ

#182 ·
Don't change the suspension!

I am happy with the ride and handling as it is, I don't need independant rear suspension taking up valuble boot space....

I like the way I can get all of my stuff, my missus stuff and my daughters into the boot whithout using a roof-box when going on hols :)

When do we realy get chance to tear up the roads now anyway? may as well coast along and let folks admire your ride!

LJ
Thanks to you, you've written exactly what I'm thinking !

#184 ·
Keep the face, it's different ot every other car out there!!!!! :)

Changes:

Proper Auto box, not the crappy I-shift

Paint thicker than newspaper....................... this is a big point!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dash surround that doesn't scratch in a breeze!!!!!

An Auxiliary in port..... even the Aygo has one and thats only 6K!!!!!!!

Tom

#185 ·
Surely someone has compiled a lis of all these "wishes". I was wondering, how does the dash get scratched? I have never had anything bang against it and they are in places that even the dealer would have to do it purposely!

#186 ·
Dust, a light brezze, a butterfly flapping it's wings in Barbados????? It scratches so easily it could be any of the above :)

Tom

#187 ·
Improvements

But I'm only just back from Barbados and I saw no butterflies flapping in my direction!

#188 ·
:) :lol: So hmmm it appears the civic dash is not affected by chaos theory, just by everything else ;-)

Tom

#191 ·
Improvements

Just did a quick photoshop with the grill of the new euro accord on the front of a Type S. Still prefer the original.:)

Attachments

#198 ·
VW are currently making a loss on every golf sold !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nuts completely nuts

You're right. It is nuts, of course.

But the DSG is only a tiny part of the Golf problem.

The entire manufacturing process is at fault and is to be reorganised. A massive task.

Honda have bought-in components from many foreign manufacturers. I just think they go further and pay Porsche for the rights to manufacture or install the DSG.

If not?

Start working on a twin clutch system of their own.

#203 ·
A couple of improvements I'd like to see regarding the display:

Move the Outside Temperature to where the clock/radio/aircon is and get rid of the zero's preceeding the odometer until those thousands are actually used. That will de-clutter the display a bit.

Have the current mpg (the sliding bar graph) and the average mpg on the SAME display, so you can see them both at the same time.

Change the wheel-mounted button for the computer display so that it's a rocker switch, similar to the one for the radio. That way you don't need to go only in one direction.

#204 ·
Improvements

Just thought of another... the CD changer in the armrest should be able to play MP3 CD's also or maybe even DVD's with MP3 files. You'd be driving for weeks before you'd hear the same song twice!

#205 ·
Improve the indicators in the wing mirror. I dont think they are very effective during the day and also, the light needs to wrap around so that you can see it properly from the side / to the side but slightly back. Like the VW's and indeed the Accords.

Improve sound insulation

Two stage unlocking (drivers door only / all doors)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.