2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Improvements for the next model year

HUK 
92K views 256 replies 118 participants last post by  Bog 
#1 ·
Not faults, but irritations that would be nice fixed for the next MY:

AUX in
The Jazz has somewhere for your mp3 player - why not the Civic?

Manual dash brightness
A light sensor to automatically adjust the brightness would be nice.

Window off switch
Should leave the windows controllable by the driver.

Windows up with key fob button press
Just like the VAG cars.

Electric mirrors
Option to have them move in and out with the door locks.

Bassworks
Should be adjustable by the owner.

Any others?

See less See more
#211 ·
my pet hate which i was aware of before purchase, is-the use of cheap looking expanded perforated plastic sheet to construct front and back skirts. The back one is nothing but a dirt gather serving no real function. A plain backside like most other cars would look better. The front one should be replaced with horizontal slats making cleaning a simple operation and enhancing the cars front end.

#217 ·
I agree. I always take my Labrador with me wherever I go and she sits in the back, so opening just the drivers door is a real pain.

Talking of my Labrador, she opened the rear window herself yesterday, so I cut the power to the switch. The drivers switches should still work when you do this.

#218 ·
I'm sorry but could someone please explain how pressing the key fob twice instead of once is a hardship?? :confused:

My previous car had this and when you are in a dark parking garage at midnight, it's quite nice to know that no-one could quickly open the passenger door when you unlock the car.

#222 ·
Its not if you ask me. But what we really want is a key fob that reads our minds and does exactly what we want :p haha!

#220 ·
Do we have a definitive list yet for model year improvements? i.e. has Honda made any announcements or are we all still speculating?!

#224 ·
I know that the UK frown on passenger door locks that operate when the car is up to speed but I cannot see why the boot shouldn't lock when you start moving.

Anyone can open the tailgate at traffic lights and take out whatever is in there with ease. It's also a means to get you out of the car to close it.

#228 ·
swindon...suspension

I think the Japanese quality control must be better than the UK, don't think they would let rear springs be fitted upside down.:oops:

Reactions: kricko5
#231 ·
I took the car to my local dealer because the rear suspension is knocking, was told that HUK are working on a fix, a common problem, but on inspection the rear springs had been fitted upside down, was told it was also a common problem on early model civics.

#233 ·
make it so activating the central locking from the drivers side button DOESN'T activate the interior light dimming.

I find with mine if in a dodgy area, the 1st thing I do when I get in the car is press the locking button. Problem is if its dark all the lights go out and I then can't find the ignition hole to insert the key!!!

Would really be better if the internal drivers side switch didn't activate the dimming feature and this was left to the remote activation / key in the ignition alone.

#238 ·
make it so activating the central locking from the drivers side button DOESN'T activate the interior light dimming.

I find with mine if in a dodgy area, the 1st thing I do when I get in the car is press the locking button. Problem is if its dark all the lights go out and I then can't find the ignition hole to insert the key!!!

Would really be better if the internal drivers side switch didn't activate the dimming feature and this was left to the remote activation / key in the ignition alone.
Your ignition barrel should be illuminated tho'

#236 ·
Folding door mirrors activated by the close button on the key fob. Its easy to forget to activate them before taking the key out.

Suggest 2 close buttons on the remote key fob, one to lock and fold, one to lock with no fold. Latter, so can be left unfolded if eg you're parked on your drive or in another area that doesn't need them to be folded. The former for when you want them folded.

Unlock button to simply unlock and unfold if folded or leave where they are if not.

#237 ·
Not sure if covered earlier but the sidelight bulb holders.

That turn for ever but pulls out at the right angle fitting is the worst design I've ever come across. Never had it take so long to remove a side light before simply because I can never find the release point or even tell if the bulb holder is correctly aligned to start with, another failing of this type of fitting. Also all the twisting and random pulling risks the wiring.

Why oh why don't Honda just go with a positive twist and lock system like every other manufacturer out there?

Much easier to tell when locked and much easier to unlock as twising once in the right direction always unlocks it.

#239 ·
Don't know if these have been said before:

Auto folding mirrors:
When you pull the key out of the ignition, the mirrors fold automatically

When doors are locked, the need to be able to open from the inside out:
At least the front doors

#240 ·
When doors are locked, the need to be able to open from the inside out:
At least the front doors
That's the double locking 'standard' - which prevents the doors from being opened on the inside, if say someone smashes you car window and tries to open the door...

Definitely do not want that taken away.

I also think that its only activated if you double press the lock button on remote fob within 3 three seconds...

#242 ·
Head Up Display for the rev counter.

One of the worst things I find is that you can either watch the road or the revs and as they disappear so quickly the revs have to be watched to avoid hitting the limiter.

May not be a problem in the next model if its not VTEC but I'm kind of hoping they might do a small VTEC engine with a supercharger or electric assistance so that VTEC can be retained.

#244 ·
Just going to add louder alarm system.

Heard mine for the 1st time the other day and its totally pathetic! No-one really noticed including me. I was trying to figure out who's it was stood next to my car in a car park when I realised it was my own when I noticed the lights flashing. That aside I was convinced it was someone elses several bays away as it didn't sound that loud.

Quietest alarm ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.