2006+ Honda Civic Forum banner

Official Service Bulletins here

Recalls 
61K views 54 replies 29 participants last post by  Zaheen 
#1 · (Edited)
Could we place the official released service notes here (pdf or jpg)
Can this one made sticky?

I found 2:

Can someone from UK verify that the Mike for RHD is located on the LEFT ! this would be strange or the service note os only for LHD.

Attachments

Reactions: maccobbie
#32 ·
This US bulletin can NOT apply to Euro Civic
The Euro 5dr Civic (ours) does NOT have double wishbone rear suspension like the US version.

#35 ·
Torsion beam all replaced, front suspension overhauled (bump stops, etc). Trouble is until I change the oddly worn tyres I'll still get the road noise. I'll be doing that in the next couple of weeks so fingers crossed for a quieter ride. The rear tracking is now better after the torsion beam replacement so hopefully I won't get the same problem again.

Tim

#37 · (Edited)
Has anyone the bulletin with number no SK-06-004-00 ??? 08-2010

This bulletin is for rear absorber,rear suspension and noises..

#38 ·
Is it this

Bulletin No SJ-06-004-05
Service Bulletin

Model Model Code Year Model
Suspension
Issue Date 18-03-11
CIVIC 3D
FN1, FN2, FN3, FN4
07, 08, 09, 10
CIVIC 5D
FK1, FK2, FK3
06, 07, 08, 09, 10

Originator
david peters HUK (United Kingdom)
Rear Damper Noise From Cold.
Civic 3 & 5 Door - On Customer Complaint Only (Parts Information Updated)
Symptom
A Squeak and or knocking sound can be heard coming from the rear suspension (dampers) when first moving off in vehicle. The noise is most evident first thing in the morning or when the vehicle has been stood over night. This noise disappears within 5 minutes of driving vehicle.
Cause
A stick slip friction action between the piston rod and the main oil, wiper seals causes a vibration of the seals, this in turn produces the knock or squeak noise.
Countermeasure
For Production: The lubricating grease quantity within the damper assembly has been increased to reduce the friction between the damper rod and seal. This will also apply to new dampers going into parts stock.
For Aftersales: Apply lubricant (grease) using an application jig tool to the damper rod to reduce the friction between damper rod and seal.
Application to Production Line
SHHFK1***AU017349
SHHFK2***AU017557
SHHFK3***AU006820
SHHFN1***AU001330
SHHFN2***AU001976
SHHFN3***AU000760
SHHFN4***AU003310
Repair Method
Use the applicator jig and specified spray grease as shown below.
1. Raise the vehicle on a lift (wheels must be free, off the ground).
Note: The rear dampers must be at full extension. The rear wheels do not need to be removed for this repair.

#40 · (Edited)
My english is not very good..

Η τεχνικη οδηγια No SK-06-004-00

αναφερει πως το παξιμαδι-βιδα C στην εικονα ,,πρεπει να συσφηχθει με only 20Nm,,not 29Nm.

Επισης πρεπει να αντικατασταθουν τα ανταλλακτικα

90364-smg-E01
52621-smg-E01

Attachments

#41 · (Edited)
Μετά από πολύ ψάξιμο,μου περιέγραψαν τι γίνεται με αυτήν την τεχνική οδηγία... Όσοι έχουν τα μανησια αμορτισέρ ας ζητήσουν να σας τη κάνουν...

Η τεχνική οδηγία λέει ,οτι με το σφίξιμο του πάνω παξιμαδιου του πίσω αμορτισέρ,κεφαλωνει τον άξονα του αμορτισέρ στο τέλος από το σπειρωμα..

Τώρα που σας γράφω,αντιλαμβάνομαι γιατί θέλουν να διορθώσουν αυτό.. Λίγο δύσκολο να σας το περιγράψω όμως...

Τέλος πάντων.... Εκτός από νέο παξιμάδι,,και μάλλον νέα λάστιχα βάσης του αμορτισέρ,αλλάζουν και την φαρδιά πάνω ροδέλα,που πλέον είναι με επένδυση πλαστικού,μάλλον... Επίσης η σύσφιξη του παξιμαδιου,πρέπει να γίνει αυστηρά με 20 Nm,,αντί των 29Nm που γίνεται από το εργοστάσιο...

#45 · (Edited)
Hello all,

I put my VIN into the honda website to check for any recalls and it says nothing. Although there does seem to be some bulletins for my model and year of civic. Do these bulletins only apply to certain codes (different production line codes?)

My car is a 2006 (06 reg) Civic 5d EX 1.8 iVTEC FN2

Thanks

#53 ·
What is annoying me is this was in for a service in honda 4 months ago for its final warranty service, and the guy before me i bought it off said that noise has been in it for ages, but it passed the MOT so he never thought anything of it and didnt say it to them.

I would have thought that honda having knowing there does be cars with these problems would have at least looked at it or checked it, and if they did look at it and check it they didnt change it because the customer never complained... which is bull crap

#54 ·
If the knock didn't fail the MOT then it's unlikely to be anything serious.

Empty the boot, side pockets, floor area and test, test, test.

Knocks can come from the rear seats not being clipped.down properly, belt buckles, anything so I'm not surprised the dealer did little/nothing.

Dealers often don't have the time or the skills these days to track down odd issues. Don't presume a dealer does a better job than an indi or DIY either.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.