Other Vsa! ??? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2009, 08:48 Thread Starter

Car: 2006 ES 5 Door Silver
Exclamation Vsa! ???

Hi,

Wondering if anyone has come across this before.

While driving to work this morning my VSA flicked on and didnt go back off. Not doing anything silly (just moved off at a roundabout)
It is both the VSA indicator and the VSA warning symbol.
I've check the manual and it says it means the car is running fine, just without any stability control.

Am about to call the dealers to book it in but my question is Will/Should this be covered under the 1 years additional Honda Happiness that i got when i bought the car?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2009, 09:05
BoInG BoInG

Car: 2009 Milano CTR GT
Hi mate,

One of the safety functions of our car is that the VSA comes on (automatically) every time the engine starts. Im sure someone can verify this? And it doesnt go off unless you manually turn it off by pushing the button. Even then, when you next get in the car it will be back "on". With regards to the warning lights, wouldnt take too much notice of that. I often see it when im driving....erm.....harsh and maybe take a corner too quickly. As i said, some one should be able to verify or expand on what ive mentioned.

Hope this helps
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2009, 09:25
Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave7891 View Post
Hi,

Wondering if anyone has come across this before.

While driving to work this morning my VSA flicked on and didnt go back off. Not doing anything silly (just moved off at a roundabout)
It is both the VSA indicator and the VSA warning symbol.
I've check the manual and it says it means the car is running fine, just without any stability control.

Am about to call the dealers to book it in but my question is Will/Should this be covered under the 1 years additional Honda Happiness that i got when i bought the car?

Thanks
Probably just a faulty sensor on one wheel.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2009, 10:37 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_WBA View Post
Hi mate,

One of the safety functions of our car is that the VSA comes on (automatically) every time the engine starts. Im sure someone can verify this? And it doesnt go off unless you manually turn it off by pushing the button. Even then, when you next get in the car it will be back "on". With regards to the warning lights, wouldnt take too much notice of that. I often see it when im driving....erm.....harsh and maybe take a corner too quickly. As i said, some one should be able to verify or expand on what ive mentioned.

Hope this helps
Hi cheers for the reply.

Yeh have went out and ran car again and the warning light isnt lit up anymore.
But i had been driving for a while and was just moving off from standing (not harshly lol) and it lit up and both lights stayed on the rest of the way to work - about half an hour.

Just thought it a bit strange - need to take car in to get few things check so will get them to have a look at this too. No doubt get the usual - its working the now so nothing we can do about it!

Cheers!
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2009, 10:53
BoInG BoInG

Car: 2009 Milano CTR GT
No problem,

Although my warning lights tend to go off in a dew seconds, so seems strange it stayed on....may aswell mention it to them being as though they will have your car anyways. Hope all is well
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2009, 12:33
Unofficial Trader

Car: CRV Urban Titanium
Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_WBA View Post
Hi mate,

Hope this helps

VSA light should go off itself after you turn on the engine......You do not need to ''manually'' turn it off by pressing the button.....If the light stays on....speak with your dealer.....

M
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 10th December 2009, 15:02
Supporter

Car: 2008 2.2 5 door silver
Last week the other half was on her way to work and the VSA light came on and stayed on for 5 miles,started the car for journey home light came on again but went out.
Phoned the dealer and booked the car in for Inspection, hooked the car up to the machine everything Ok BUT battery showed weak charge, the guy asked if we used the car daily which we replied we did, he said to bring it back in if we had any more trouble as covered by warranty (gonna keep my eye on that one).
Honda battery to small for the job?/
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 11th December 2009, 13:47 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogcatcher666 View Post
Last week the other half was on her way to work and the VSA light came on and stayed on for 5 miles,started the car for journey home light came on again but went out.
Phoned the dealer and booked the car in for Inspection, hooked the car up to the machine everything Ok BUT battery showed weak charge, the guy asked if we used the car daily which we replied we did, he said to bring it back in if we had any more trouble as covered by warranty (gonna keep my eye on that one).
Honda battery to small for the job?/
Hi thanks for the reply!

Well a few weeks ago I left the lights on inside the car and when i went to start the car the next day the battery was dead.
Jump started it and car has been ok since....

Except when i start it up in the morning - Just doesnt seem right. Thought it was just me being aware that it was flat recently,
Recently though I started car, went a very short journey and when went to start car again - it wouldnt.
Waited 5 minutes and it started up fine again!

Battery needing changed you think?

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page