Squeaks Rattle from seat belt dispenser? - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 16th December 2009, 19:24 Thread Starter

Rattle from seat belt dispenser?

Anyone have a rattle coming from their seat belt dispenser - like the place where the seat belt reels out of the interior? on the drivers side? Mines seems to be rattling somewhere, if I grab it and hold the whole thing it stops but returns when I let go of it. Very annoying as it is right beside your ear so is easily heard!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 16th December 2009, 20:35

Car: 2007 CTR, Alabaster Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by doofus4000 View Post
Anyone have a rattle coming from their seat belt dispenser - like the place where the seat belt reels out of the interior? on the drivers side? Mines seems to be rattling somewhere, if I grab it and hold the whole thing it stops but returns when I let go of it. Very annoying as it is right beside your ear so is easily heard!
Same for me. Let me know if you manage to fix it!

If I adjust the angle of the seat belt across my body (downwards) it sometimes goes away, but I need a permanent fix!!!
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 16th December 2009, 20:43 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Im thinking of resorting to a pack of superglue...lol

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 16th December 2009, 21:05
Supporter

Car: 2008 1.8 5D SE, Galaxy Grey
I had that last year when it was 20-25 degrees below zero. But I have not heard it on any other times. Annoying to say the least.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 25th July 2010, 17:47 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Ok I resolved this problem for anyone who is intrested! Turned out not to be the drivers seat belt dispenser or anything to do with the seat belt system..it was the locking mechanism for the rear seats on the right hand side of the car. Found this out by literally punching the right hand rear seat which replicated the rattle heard on bumpy/uneven roads (no rattle when punching the left hand seat). Placed a piece of foam around the u-shaped bracket and the rattle is gone. Guessing the locking mechanism of the right hand rear seat is wider than it should be and the noise then travels through the interior and out of the seat belt dispenser slot.

Holding the seat belt dispenser on earlier occasions must of been a coincedence when the rattle disappeared lol.

I would of put money on it being the seatbelt tho and so did the Honda service guy, they even replaced the whole seat belt system on that side to no avail. Hope this helps someone who ever encounters this problem.

Last edited by doofus4000; 25th July 2010 at 17:49.

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page