Damage Ouch....Snow Ploughed !!! - Civinfo

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 27th December 2009, 20:23 Thread Starter

Ouch....Snow Ploughed !!!

Some divvy Council worker who should not be let loose with a shovel let alone a snow plough managed to gouge a coach line in to my Civ today......and then proceeded to take off up the road.After a mile of me flashing my lights,sounding my horn and generally making angry faces and cursing I caught him at a road junction.When I told him what he had done all he could say was "people dont leave Gritters enough room". I had pulled over to let him through and he was clearly on my side of the road !!! Now commences the battle to get the Council to pay for the damage......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 27th December 2009, 22:12
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 831 Posts
You were lucky, Mate ! ...

A goodly few decades ago, I and many other motorists had the misfortune to be 'snowbound' just north of Dingwall in Ross-shire ...

Cars were totally buried \ hidden by the snow (and this was at about +2m over sea level !) ...

When the local Council's snowplough eventually "cleared" the road, it also 'totalled' or mangled about 30 cars (including mine) in one fell swoop ...
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 27th December 2009, 22:35 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by J. Derek Riddell View Post
You were lucky, Mate ! ...

A goodly few decades ago, I and many other motorists had the misfortune to be 'snowbound' just north of Dingwall in Ross-shire ...

Cars were totally buried \ hidden by the snow (and this was at about +2m over sea level !) ...

When the local Council's snowplough eventually "cleared" the road, it also 'totalled' or mangled about 30 cars (including mine) in one fell swoop ...
JDR...would that be around 1977 ???I was just telling my boys of such incidents yesterday......wished I'd never mentioned Snow Plows now

Thing that annoyed me more than the damage was the attitude of the "clown" driving the bloody thing...when he eventually did stop....which was only when he stopped at a junction and i ran up and opened his cab door !!! Ah well ,it will mend......but at the mo I am still sick as a chip ho-hum !!

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 27th December 2009, 22:47

Gutted for you, hopefully they will pay up.

How is 'They don't leave enough room' an excuse :\

Good luck!
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 28th December 2009, 12:05

Car: 2008 2.2 SE Milano Red
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisspaul View Post
JDR...would that be around 1977 ???I was just telling my boys of such incidents yesterday......wished I'd never mentioned Snow Plows now

Thing that annoyed me more than the damage was the attitude of the "clown" driving the bloody thing...when he eventually did stop....which was only when he stopped at a junction and i ran up and opened his cab door !!! Ah well ,it will mend......but at the mo I am still sick as a chip ho-hum !!
Any witnesses/other people-affected-in-the-same-way-at-the-same-time?
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 28th December 2009, 12:15 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Driver View Post
Any witnesses/other people-affected-in-the-same-way-at-the-same-time?
Well if there were any witnesses I didnt see as I sped off after the muppet in the Gritter and I guess from his attitude he wouldnt stop if he did damage any others.My car looked like it was parked it was that close to the kerb so I'm guessing he didnt know I was in the car and didnt count on me chasing him.
I went back to the scene and took some pics. Just makes you wonder how many cars they do hit and just say nothing !!!!
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 28th December 2009, 12:29 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

This is not the actual plough but can you see the small wheel on the plough itself.This was swaying about and hit my car.....surely when the plough is in the upward position this wheel should be tethered as it was out past the end by a further foot or so ?????
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 070402_jbean_mp_environment_weather_snow2.jpg (291.2 KB, 271 views)
Thanks to kisspaul from:
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 28th December 2009, 14:25
R.I.P - (User sadly passed away)

Car: 2007 1.8 'Executive' (EX)
Thanked 1,111 Times in 831 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kisspaul View Post
JDR...would that be around 1977 ??? I was just telling my boys of such incidents yesterday......wished I'd never mentioned Snow Plows now .......
Mmmm - late 70's ? - sounds about right ! ...

Jeezly Chris - was it really that long ago !!! ...

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 16th March 2010, 20:41 Thread Starter
** Thread starter **

Well after almost 3 months I have got the "gritter scratches" repaired. Council insurance admitted liability and car went to bodyshop last week. I got it back today and it looks like they have painted all the rear quarter,all the drivers door and blown into the skirt and arches and back bumper........ expensive job for two 3" scratches All in all looks ok ....

Civinfo > 8th Generation Euro Honda Civic (2006 - 2011) > Bugs, faults and irritations (8G)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Civinfo forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
Your User Name is the name that appears by all your posts on the forum, and so should not be your email address.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page